Okay Pit, I need your help. Several years ago, I read a book, lost it, and now want to find again. Trouble is, I can only remember a few details about the book. I remember it being part of a series, and having something to do with a group of kids on an alien planet, or in some kind of post-apocalyptic world, or something along those lines. Each kid had some kind of super power. The only one I remember was a girl who could regenerate, cut her own arm off while she was trapped in a water pipe, and somehow her arm grew into a clone of herself. And something about a kid named Whistler.

I realize this isn't a whole lot to go off of, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please let me know. Thanks!
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
i dont know TS. sorry.

but i half remember this book about a wizard who could tell other peoples "talents" aka magical abilities(in a universe where every person had magical abilities) and he (the wizard) found a man who was impervious to all other magical abilities. it had other stuff too(something about a 'lieberry' making someone else lie about a library)
can anyone help Me out with that?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Mein Kampf.

Genius.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Yeah, no idea TS but anyone got help for me?

Read a book years ago in school. Some kid moves somewhere with his mother or some shit, meets a girl, he gets into this video game and finds out his autistic uncle he's never met created the game. He figures this out through clues in the game like identical maps to the house he lives in now or something. He ends up meeting the uncle and they have an awkward conversation or some shit.

Then there's another book about a kid who's mother has cancer or leukaemia or some shit and he leaves home and joins a flying circus. Meets a girl there, him and her discover the boys uncle (his mum's brother) was originally part of the flying circus and he died so his mother was all nervous about him doing it in the first place. He also bleaches his hair some time in the novel with some COOL DUDE that ends up running off in the night to join another circus.

Any help?
I can't help you, but there's this book i've been looking for.

It's about a boy who grows up to about ten or eleven and then finds out that he's a wizard from this giant, and then he goes to this wizard school and him and his two friends (one ginger) get up to all sorts of trouble. And in the end of the book they come across Voldemort.

Can't for the life of me think what it's called.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet

It's about a boy who grows up to about ten or eleven and then finds out that he's a wizard from this giant, and then he goes to this wizard school and him and his two friends (one ginger) get up to all sorts of trouble. And in the end of the book they come across Voldemort.

It's definitely Twilight.
Quote by cptcomet

It's the one with shark boy but I can't remember the name, either.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Speaking of unknown books, do any of you guys know how this book is called? It had weird illustrations about the author's self-created world, it's even written in its 'own' language. It describes how things work in this strange world that doesn't exist.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by Svennz
Speaking of unknown books, do any of you guys know how this book is called? It had weird illustrations about the author's self-created world, it's even written in its 'own' language. It describes how things work in this strange world that doesn't exist.

Lovecraft?

OT EDIT:
I once read a book when I was a kid, it was divided in 4 acts. In act 1 the main character was like a newbie of some kinda intergalactic police force, solving mysteries and shit. With each following act his rank increased, until he reached like the highest rank in act 4. Don't remember more details other than that it's a futuristic sci-fi book.
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Last edited by Anchr at Mar 21, 2012,
Quote by Svennz

the bible?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

To the TS: was one of the kids a boy who was given a small animal sidekick as his power (a bit like Mog in Final Fantasy, for instance)?

If so, I read that in the 1970s and would also love to know what it was.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
Quote by EMarkM
To the TS: was one of the kids a boy who was given a small animal sidekick as his power (a bit like Mog in Final Fantasy, for instance)?

If so, I read that in the 1970s and would also love to know what it was.

No, I don't believe so. I got it from one of those Scholastic book fairs that came to my school.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by Svennz

1984?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Note to self: Never make a "What was that book?" thread.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
Note to self: Never make a "What was that book?" thread.

Yep, kinda regretting it myself.

Quote by wolvenrick
What don't you go to a library and ask someone about that book. Might help more then a guitar forum.
I think I know the book you're talking about. I think "Flash Forward" somewhere in the title? Did it have a kid like... sinking into a pool of something shiny on the cover?
Quote by Captain Panda
Flash Forward (Mindwarp) ?

Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of. Might not be his though.

It was also apparently the seventh in a series. Funky.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Mar 21, 2012,
Well it contains some kid called whistler so it could pretty well be the book he's looking for.
Quote by Anchr
Lovecraft?

OT EDIT:
I once read a book when I was a kid, it was divided in 4 acts. In act 1 the main character was like a newbie of some kinda intergalactic police force, solving mysteries and shit. With each following act his rank increased, until he reached like the highest rank in act 4. Don't remember more details other than that it's a futuristic sci-fi book.

Definitely Macbeth.
Quote by Flying Couch
I think I know the book you're talking about. I think "Flash Forward" somewhere in the title? Did it have a kid like... sinking into a pool of something shiny on the cover?

Quote by Captain Panda
Flash Forward (Mindwarp) ?

You guys are awesome. That's the same series, but the wrong book. Apparently mine was the 8th. Thank you!

Quote by wolvenrick
I read this book once, it was about like this dickhead lad called Sam I am and he kept terrorising the protagonist to try green eggs and ham, but the protagonist did not like green eggs and ham, he did not like them Sam I am. He did not like them in a box. He did not like them with a fox. He did not like them in a house. He did not like them with a mouse. He did not like them here or there. He did not like them anywhere. He did not like green eggs and ham. He did not like them, Sam I am.

Anyone any ideas?
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I read this book once, it was about like this dickhead lad called Sam I am and he kept terrorising the protagonist to try green eggs and ham, but the protagonist did not like green eggs and ham, he did not like them Sam I am. He did not like them in a box. He did not like them with a fox. He did not like them in a house. He did not like them with a mouse. He did not like them here or there. He did not like them anywhere. He did not like green eggs and ham. He did not like them, Sam I am.

Anyone any ideas?

Amusingly, your post has a wider vocabulary than the book you're talking about.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Definitely Macbeth.

You...humor? But I thought you were devoid of any sense of humor.

Everything I know is a lie.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~