Page 1 of 3
hover
hover
hover
hover
hover
hover

if you met someone who had been blind their entire life, and, that person asked you to describe light, how would you describe it?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
If you only hovered threads, how would you describe to someone what that thread was about?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
A sign of hope, radiance, and comfort.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Harvey Swick

if you met someone who had been blind their entire life, and, that person asked you to describe light, how would you describe it?

Imagine if you had an extra set of ears, where everything makes its own unique sound. Your extra ears are so good at telling things apart that you can make out the tiniest details on the bark of a tree, you can hear the edge of the earth if you go to the beach. You can tell the difference between two apples that feel, smell, and taste exactly the same, from a distance. You can even hear people's emotions without them saying a word. THAT is vision.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
Imagine if you had an extra set of ears, where everything makes its own unique sound. Your extra ears are so good at telling things apart that you can make out the tiniest details on the bark of a tree, you can hear the edge of the earth if you go to the beach. You can tell the difference between two apples that feel, smell, and taste exactly the same, from a distance. You can even hear people's emotions without them saying a word. THAT is vision.

That was Beautiful
Yes, I have done that, and it indeed, was incredible.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not there...

"Pursue Happiness, With Diligence"
Quote by Harvey Swick

E=hv
Quote by Harvey Swick
hover

... with visual aids?
Quote by Harvey Swick

I'd describe it as the thing responsible for the radiating heat that they can feel on their face on a sunny day, and also explain how without it we'd both be blind.
First I'd try to get them to imagine being deaf. Once they could properly imagine that they were deaf, I'd ask them to compare that with what they can 'see'. Both senses would be reporting back with nothing, so then I'd ask them to imagine sounds and how we can hear relative locations with our ears. I'd then equate sound waves to light. The source of the sound gives off sound waves which travel to our ears and we can hear what and where the sound is. This would be pretty similar to light and how we see. Then I'd ask them to imagine a speaker in the middle of a room that they were familiar with. The speaker was a perfectly spherical speaker that just played a single tone. If the room was empty then the sound waves would bounce around uninterrupted until they hit a wall (and we'll just assume for the sake of consistency that the walls are completely soundproof). The closer to the speaker the wall is, the louder the volume of the speaker is when it reaches the wall. So the further away the wall, the weaker the sound is. It may not be by much but it's something. Then I'd tell them that basically to replace these sound waves with 'light'. The louder the sound, the brighter the light. Those of us gifted with the miracle of sight see by seeing these reflections of lightwaves off of objects. Just like how sound is muffled or weakened when you go behind an object, light is also changed when something is put in the path of the source and the receiver. This creates a shadow. If you'll imagine yourself in that room that you are familiar with once again, except this time with a large shelf standing 1 foot in front of the back wall. The speaker is still emitting the same tone, and as you walk from one side of the room to the other you find that the sound is weakened behind the shelf. You can still hear the sound, just not as clearly.

I'm gonna have to wrap it up here because I got bored of writing and I'm explaining my comedic genius to a friend.
Quote by R8:31b
That was Beautiful

d'aww
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by whoomit
Why do people have a problem with hovering?

Because it's not natural, at least one foot should touch the ground at all times.
Quote by whoomit
Why do people have a problem with hovering?

i dont have a problem with it. i do it, but i just like to **** with people. i actually make you committed to the thread. "well, i clicked it, i might as well post. i ran this far, might as well, keep on going

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Because it's not natural, at least one foot should touch the ground at all times.

Lulz.
West Ham United
Quote by Harvey Swick
hover

I'd just say it's the opposite of what you see.
Quote by fearofthemark

... I was going to attempt to answer that, but then I read this and decided I'd tell you that I decided to post this instead of answering the question because I read that.
lol

Anyways (I'll go with the old cliché, since no one's asked it yet), if you could decide whether humanity lived or died, what would you choose? And why?
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by mybanez
I'd just say it's the opposite of what you see.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
"It's beautiful dude, it's like this....OH **** CHECK OUT THE RACK ON THAT BITCH! HONK HONK!"

"Oh sorry dude"

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by dann_blood
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

This is purely hypothetical.... but are you on drugs?
Quote by Harvey Swick

I don't know, but apparently it is politically correct to say see you later to a blind person.

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
Quote by Harvey Swick
hover
hover
hover
hover
hover
hover

This is really starting to annoy me.

All you fags quit that shit.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by SlackerBabbath

cat
I wouldn't; there wouldn't be a point.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Harvey Swick

It would be impossible to describe light and colour properly to someone who has never seen before.

Similarly, is it not, then, impossible for us to understand the existence of a god?
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Similarly, is it not, then, impossible for us to understand the existence of a god?

Invisible friends are easy enough to describe.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by LRCGUITAR
It would be impossible to describe light and colour properly to someone who has never seen before.

Only if by understanding God you mean experiencing God, and even then only if God is only that experience.
Quote by Harvey Swick
hover
hover
hover
hover
hover
hover
faggot
faggot
faggot
faggot
faggot
faggot
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Mar 21, 2012,
What would happen if TS made a good thread for once?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by behind_you
faggot
faggot
faggot
faggot
faggot
faggot

yeah bro
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by theogonia777
What would happen if TS made a good thread for once?

haters

Quote by KTFM
If 95% of OP is hover, could it not be argued that, in actual fact, OP does not really exist, but rather is just hover?

No, because at least 5% of the OP still exists.
Quote by mystical_1

i dont understand explain

i looked it up and i got a playthru that stops really early. it seems that the guy forfeited. i dont understand why he did that. your image comes from some random dude hypothetically playing the game thru. but idk why you posted it at this point.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Mar 22, 2012,
Page 1 of 3