Poll: marriage...
Poll Options
View poll results: marriage...
My Parents are married, and so am i.
6 6%
My parents are married, and that kind of put me off it.
9 9%
my parents arn't married, but i intend to/am
8 8%
My parents are married, and i shall do the same.
44 42%
my parents are divorced..not cool man.
14 13%
My parents aren't married, and i dont want to get married.
7 7%
i only know one of my parents.
2 2%
TS, mind your own business.
15 14%
Voters: 105.
now this may seem strange, but I'm actually interested in how many people in the pit are married, if their parents are married, etc...

is it important for you to get married?
do you marry the one you love out of fear of loosing them when your man boobs kick in?

so pit ?

poll coming
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Not married. Parents are(37th anniversary coming up next week).
I have no plans to get married; and if I ever do, I'll be going for low-key and cheap, because **** all those bastards that charge extra for anything wedding related.
I've been married for over 19 years, (will be 20 in August.)

My parents were married for 58+ years, until my mom pass away.

Being married is great, as long as you find the right person; someone that you love, and someone that can/will put up with all your crap, and you with theirs. I would hate to have to start over and start dating again.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by maker's marked

Being married is great, as long as you find the right person; someone that you love, and someone that can/will put up with all your crap, and you with theirs. I would hate to have to start over and start dating again.

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copied and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave ...it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), then I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.
RIP Tom Searle.
Me and my partner are not officially married, we have two kids and live as a normal family, but we've just never seen the point of us getting married. Infact, both of us are divorced from previous partners.
Quote by MH400
Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copied and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave ...it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), then I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

Cool story bro, go blog it.
I've been married for 3 years this year

Parents have been married for 41 years

Catching them up....
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
My wife and my's 17th wedding anniversary is coming up this June.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Parent's have been married for 30 years.

I'm only 21 so i'm not planning on getting married for some time.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I've got married parents, but I don't think that marriage will be in my future.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Quote by MH400

What the hell is your problem seriously?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
None of the poll options fit me. My parents are married and I don't really plan to get married, but it has nothing to do with them. I just find the institution silly.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
What the hell is your problem seriously?

it made me laugh

OT my parents are divorced, I don't want to be married
Sing me to sleep.
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
I'm the poor sod who knows only one parent. lol

Same.

I also have never been a big fan of the whole concept of "marriage". I'd just as happily, if not more so, live the rest of my life committed to one person without the whole shenanigans with legal forms and expensive rings etc.
But I'm only just turning 21, who knows what'll happen.
My parents aren't married, and I'm indifferent. I guess if my significant other wants to be then I'll consider it, but I don't particularly have any desire to get married.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
i am 18, not getting married anytime soon. Not something i would be opposed to.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I've been married 2 1/2 years and my parents were married for 25 years before they finally did everyone a favor and got divorced. I love being married because my wife is just as big of a smartass as I am........jk. She's the kind of person that will do anything for you without asking for a single thing in return.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
My parents have been happily married for, I think, 26 years. I would like to get married some day.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 21, 2012,
Marriage is a scam perpetuated by Bed, Bath, and Beyond in order to sell crock-pots and coffee percolators.

Love is dead.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Parents are married. Don't know if I want to be married, it really is not a big deal to me. It's just a big money sink though. But if my signicant other values it I guess...
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I want to get married but thats cos its the only way of having a good chance of being able to raise your child. If I was able to get custody I would prefer a life partner with no legal partnership
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
My parents both got divorced when I was 5.

It hasn't really impacted my opinion about marriage, but I feel like not enough people in America don't work at it hard enough...too many divorces in our generation.

Obviously it doesn't work out for some people and it all depends on the circumstances, but when I get married, I'm going to be damn sure that it's to the right girl
My parents are married. Have been for 28 years. It hasn't been the best marriage, at all. Separations, alcoholism, a near divorce, etc. I'm not sure if I'll get married. At the moment (19 years old) I cannot even fathom why, much less with whom. It does cross my mind, though. I'd like to have a son, though. I'd try my best not to screw him up the way my parents screwed me up.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
My parents are married and I'd like to get married eventually, but it has nothing to do with them.
cat
Quote by MH400

Cool story bro, go stick it in your bunghole.

OT: My parents just got divorced, and its pretty hard stuff to go through even at this age. I'd love to find someone to spend life with, but it often seems highly unlikely, and that I'll simply end up loving music for the rest of my life... and Music is such a wh0re.
Quote by maker's marked

I've been married for a lot less time than you, but I agree. My two year anniversary is in May. My parents are married.
My God, it's full of stars!
My parents are divorced, and I don't think much of it. Where's my option, TS?

I live by myself, anyway.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
I'm married and I already know what I'm going to tell my son when he gets older:

Only get married is two things are both true. If only one is, then don't get married.

1) You absolutely positively cannot imagine yourself living one more day without the girl in your life.
2) You want to have kids.

If either of those things aren't true then don't get married.
Parents divorced, remarried (not to each other), I no longer speak to my father nor his entire side of the family, and no, I do not plan to get married.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Spud Spudly
I'm married and I already know what I'm going to tell my son when he gets older:

Only get married is two things are both true. If only one is, then don't get married.

1) You absolutely positively cannot imagine yourself living one more day without the girl in your life.
2) You want to have kids.

If either of those things aren't true then don't get married.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy
ggg1 ggg3

My parents have been married for almost 20 years. I would also like to get married.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
ah, forgot the "forever alone" option

hm, does anybody think that spending a lifetime together without the obligation to stay together (marriage) is more of a proof of love then being obliged to stay together?

ya'know, someone being with you because they love you, without any obligations towards you?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Anyone notice a trend of people whose parents have been divorced not wanting to get married and vice versa? It is a blatant observation that people often base their judgments and decisions of marriage from the relationship their parents have. This isn't always the case, but it is common.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
my parents are married but I think the only benefit to marriage as opposed to lifelong partners is automatic child custody
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial