Page 1 of 2
So there is already a thread about bands which made it big or bands that you didn't like before but I haven't seen a thread about bands which you've liked but for some reason you don't like them anymore.

I can put a couple of bands here for several different reason.

- Metallica
(They're not the same anymore, they're too "influenced" by something else.. What the f*****!!!!! is Lulu?)

- Guns N' Roses
(I still enjoy their old albums, but there newest one ain't so good and Axel doesn't care about his fans but only the chicks, fame and money.. or so it seems)

- Nightiwsh
(I don't know about you, but I found Nightwish to be better with Tarja. This new singer Annette (or however you spell her name) is too much of a pop singer in a gothic/symphonic/metal band. It's kind of weird. Their "mysteriousness" has vanished from the band's music)

- Lacuna Coil
(They are just about on this list, I really liked their previous albums as well especially the "Heaven's A Lie" titled song. However, recently they haven't made anything that has caught my attention. Maybe they'll make a new song that's good again.. I hope)

What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Got any others?

I know I mentioned only metal and rock bands but you can name any genre of bands.
Last edited by Devilish Dave at Mar 21, 2012,
The lulu thing, that wasn't metallica releasing an album, that was metallica and lou reed.
and Guns'n'Roses wasn't Guns'n'Roses releasing an album, it was Axl Rose and co.
Why is it then titlted Guns N' Roses and Metallica???
It's really confusing, but even if Guns N' Roses is some Axl Rose thing the St. Anger album from Metallic I still find to be not so good. That one self titled song (St. Anger) isn't bad. But the others????
Metallica have been pretty disappointing, even though they'll always have a place in my heart.

Korn. They were never any good but now they're completely unlistenable.

Dave Mustaine.

GN'R should have died 20 years ago.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Devilish Dave
Why is it then titlted Guns N' Roses and Metallica???
It's really confusing, but even if Guns N' Roses is some Axl Rose thing the St. Anger album from Metallic I still find to be not so good. That one self titled song (St. Anger) isn't bad. But the others????

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Mar 21, 2012,
Machine Head.

A ton of people I kow spent ages telling me how awesome they were, and frankly they just didn't measure up to the hype.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Uriah Heep once disappointed me, just by turning up to the gig.

It was the Bulldog Bash, (British biker festival at Stratford-upon-Avon) in 1990, there had been some great bands on and the headliner was a 'surprise band'. Everyone was saying "Is it Motorhead?" "I bet it's Motorhead." then the introduction was made and it was bloody Uriah Heep, the most boring band that I've ever seen on a stage, and obviously everyone else felt the same way because the field almost emptied while they were playing.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Uriah Heep once disappointed me, just by turning up to the gig.

It was the Bulldog Bash, (British biker festival at Stratford-upon-Avon) in 1990, there had been some great bands on and the headliner was a 'surprise band'. Everyone was saying "Is it Motorhead?" "I bet it's Motorhead." then the introduction was made and it was bloody Uriah Heep, the most boring band that I've ever seen on a stage, and obviously everyone else felt the same way because the field almost emptied while they were playing.

I can only imagine how the band felt when they saw the crowed dissappear
Quote by Devilish Dave
I can only imagine how the band felt when they saw the crowed dissappear

They didn't seem to notice really. To be absolutely honest, they probably lost about thw thirds of their audience, which was initially a crowd of about 50,000.

The gig was at night and the stage was well lit, so they may not even have seen anyone leave.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
They didn't seem to notice really. To be absolutely honest, they probably lost about thw thirds of their audience, which was initially a crowd of about 50,000.

The gig was at night and the stage was well lit, so they may not even have seen anyone leave.

Surely it has gotten a bit more quieter or?
Quote by Devilish Dave
Who's popular?

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by slash_GNR666

You posted a picture of some sort but it says something about popularity so I don't really understand what it's suppose to be.... I'm also confused
Quote by Devilish Dave
You posted a picture of some sort but it says something about popularity so I don't really understand what it's suppose to be.... I'm also confused

any better?
Quote by lambofgod127

Radiohead disappoint me now.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Back on topic...
The Black Dahlia Murder. I just don't understand the hype they generate in the Death Metal scene.
I've heard them be referred to as the "modern-day equivalent to Cannibal Corpse"
Umm... CC are still going, and quite strong. Anyways, if I wanted to listen to Cannibal Corpse I'd pop on Tomb of the Mutilated, not BDM
Gooby Pls.
Quote by Devilish Dave
Surely it has gotten a bit more quieter or?

Well... the crowd were pretty quiet as soon as they hit the stage anyway, so possibly they just didn't notice.

Still, even if they did notice, what are they gonna do? They'd pretty much have to continue as if nothing had happened.
Coheed and Cambria really disappointed me with Year of the Black Rainbow.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
The Killers REALLY disappointed me. There live performance is awful. Maybe some singing lessons would help
"This is no Bridget Jones!"
Children of Bodom. Absolutely loved them a few years ago, I didn't even download the latest album. Heard a couple of tracks online and decided not to get the album.
In Flames. Just not the same without Jesper.
Arch Enemy. I still listen to everything up to Doomsday Machine on a daily basis, but honestly, their latest cd has almost 20 songs and not one of 'em really did anything to me.. It's sad, the Amotts are damn good.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I'd say The Offspring. I suppose I shouldn't be disappointed, pop-punk gets stale pretty quick, and they're getting on in their years, but their last couple of albums have been pretty meh. I was also really disappointed when I first heard 'In Waves' all the way through. I've started to like a few songs, but it still cracks me up hearing Matt scream IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN WAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS! At the start of that song.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Last edited by Dory77 at Mar 21, 2012,
The Mars Volta.

Deloused - Phenomenal
Frances - Brilliant
Amputechture - Decent
Everything else - boring and predictable (for The Mars Volta)

Machine Head. Whilst Locust and The Blackening are decent metal albums, I can't help but miss the "Groove Metal" stylings of Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change - now they just sound like any other metal band, and the past few times I've seen them live, they've lost some of the magic that they had back then.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi

Machine Head. Whilst Locust and The Blackening are decent metal albums, I can't help but miss the "Groove Metal" stylings of Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change - now they just sound like any other metal band, and the past few times I've seen them live, they've lost some of the magic that they had back then.

I'd almost have to agree with you there. The Blackening is still my 2nd favourite album by them, but Locust just didn't have anything that really "stood out" as definitive Machine Head. All the previous albums you could listen to and recognise it, but if you played me Locust I'd probably guess 5 or 6 other bands before thinking MH
Still my favourite band though.

OT: Green Day. I grew up with them since I was about 9, got all their albums and became quite a little fanboy. Saw them live on the Bullet in a Bible gigs, then after that they just lost their signature style and became fairly generic. Much like I just said above.

Also Eminem and his lack of Slim Shady, but I understand he had to grow up sometime.
Quote by Devilish Dave
- Nightiwsh
(I don't know about you, but I found Nightwish to be better with Tarja. This new singer Annette (or however you spell her name) is too much of a pop singer in a gothic/symphonic/metal band. It's kind of weird. Their "mysteriousness" has vanished from the band's music

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I think Imaginaerum is a brilliant album (hence the avatar ), and Anette has really improved. It's completely different to the older material, but it definitely isn't any worse.

On Topic: Megadeth's latest album doesn't interest me at all, which is a shame because I love most of the older ones
MANCHESTER UNITED
Quote by BlaiseTheSlayer
Coheed and Cambria really disappointed me with Year of the Black Rainbow.

+ 1
What did you think of NWFT tho?

And I'll say The Hunter by Mastodon, it just doesn't hit me like Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye *flameshield*

Oh, and Heritage.
Escape the fate
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
The Fall of Troy

Reasons for which every fan knows and I'm too lazy to type out right now. But yeah every The Fall of Troy by far win this thread.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by SharkyR
I'm going to respectfully disagree. I think Imaginaerum is a brilliant album (hence the avatar ), and Anette has really improved. It's completely different to the older material, but it definitely isn't any worse.

On Topic: Megadeth's latest album doesn't interest me at all, which is a shame because I love most of the older ones

Sure I understand what you mean, but they could have changed their name Nightwish to Daywish or something. Cause the original Nightwish style has completely vanished
People may be surprised but, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Or rather, since 97. Everything has gone to crap since the boatmans call. Grinderman was awesome, but Blixa and Mick leaving the bad seeds has made them even more of a shambles, doing loads of really crap live performances of old songs that are usually good.
When a band reaches a level like Metallica, Guns n Roses, AC/DC etc... They have to live up to themselves and their reputation. This usually means they end up writing songs in the style of themselves, so they end up covering themselves. Hence why the older stuff is usually better.
Quote by MH400
Tool.
Dream Theatre.
BTBAM.

LOL
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
Bands that I tried to get into but were disappointed by: Dream Theater, BTBAM, Opeth (Good god...), Mastodon, etc.

Bands I liked that disappointed me: DevilDriver, Darkest Hour, The Black Mages (By disbanding), The Absence's third album after releasing their second (Incredible melodeath), Children of Bodom.
Quote by frankv
Chris Cornell's Solo career. Euphoria Morning? Great album, give me more! Carry On? Ehh... Scream? OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN WHAT IS THAT SHIT?!

Ground Zero was pretty tits
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Page 1 of 2