View poll results: Who?
Heath Ledger.
15 42%
Mark Hamill.
9 25%
TS is a penguin.
12 33%
Voters: 36.
Who was better, Mark Hamill or Heath Ledger.
Hamill for me, he did everything about as well as it could be done.
Heath Ledger. Why is this even a question? Ledger's performance was simply incredible.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Mark Hamill.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Hammill. He hit the nail on the head.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ledger was amazing, Skywalker can go **** himself.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Nicholson was better than Ledger.

But really, this is a versus thread. I should report this.

*r
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I think Heath definitely overplayed the role. Hamill did a more nuanced and playful joker compared to the comics.

Quote by zgr0826

*r

Actually, this guy plays a better joker.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Heath may not have been the closest to the comics, but he was a far better character

EDIT: Nicholson was not great at all, more like really weird. I say without hesitation that his performance was vastly overrated.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Mar 21, 2012,
Quote by zgr0826

*r

You do realise any time the poll is used it makes it a VS thread. I don't understand that rule when you are allowed to make polls.
I think Hamill. To me, he IS the Joker. Whenever I read anything that the Joker says, I imagine it in his voice. LEdger did a great Joker, and it fit very well within the universe of the movies, but overall, I think Hamill edges him out.
Quote by TOMMYB22
Heath may not have been the closest to the comics, but he was a far better character

I think he overdid it. The joker is supposed to be psychotic, but he took it too far.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Seth Green... Oh wait that other Joker... Eh going with Ledger
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Quote by Kensai
I think he overdid it. The joker is supposed to be psychotic, but he took it too far.

Surely that is an issue of the script writers? Heath's performance itself wasn't even particularly psychotic; you clearly see the logic behind the actions, and it was scary in the way he didn't seem too much like a comic book villain. Of course it had the maniacal laughing and one-liners, but then that's The Joker.

Prefer Scarecrow though; although he needed far more air-time in the films.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Kensai

how exactly?

he managed to be darker whilst still being a lot more 'realistic' than the other Jokers. Jack Nicholson just came across as a weird fat guy with face paint, Ledger came across as cerebral yet ruthless.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Being as Hamill was simply a voice actor, and Heath had to do the whole she-bang, I'd say it's not a particularly fair comparison.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
TS is a penguin?
no no no...TS is The Penguin.

on a side note, heath ledger is one of my favorite actors, he did a good joke of making the joker seem twisted and yet reasonable, while still keeping his funny side, He is The Joker, Not a joke
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Last edited by CrAzY-RiLeY at Mar 21, 2012,
You can't really compare the two. Mark Hamill only provided the voice while animators took care of everything else such as facial expressions and body language. Heath had to provide both.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Ledger's Joker wouldn't have fit in a movie directed by anyone else but Nolan. Also, how are we expected to compare a voice actor and an actor onscreen!? Loved Hamill though.
Quote by akack
Ledger's Joker wouldn't have fit in a movie directed by anyone else but Nolan. Also, how are we expected to compare a voice actor and an actor onscreen!? Loved Hamill though.

Quite simple really. Just think which joker did you prefer.
Quote by mybanez
Quite simple really. Just think which joker did you prefer.

Not easy. Take out the maniacal drone of a Hans Zimmer score and the grime of Nolan's Gotham and he wouldn't have fit as well. I think I prefer Hamill as the Joker but that's probably just the nostalgia talking. Heath Ledger did an amazing job.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Some people call me the space cowboy

Why would people even call you that?
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.