Page 1 of 3
Hey there

I have known this girl for some time, who is coming over for some food and chill - she knows though that I play guitar.
I'm sure that she at some point will want to see me play.
The thing is, I don't sing and I'm a intermediate player. - Been playing for 4 years now.

My problem is, what/how do I play, to like impress her? I dont want to play her favourite song or something cheesy like that. I just want to sound interesting, cause I wont be singing.

Should I just play some solo, some boring chord progression - yeah I know its tough to answer!

Thanks in advance
Play any stupid, girly song by Jason Mraz. Or anything new. She won't give a shit if you can sweep a mile a minute. Let's face it, the only people getting a hard on for your 'skills' will be guys.

Also, if you get laid, take pictures and/or video.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 21, 2012,
Play her some Django Reinhardt. Bitches love Django Reinhardt.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Could just play the instrumental part of You Belong To Me by Jason Wade - wimmenz love it because it sounds pretty, you dont even have to sing.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by L2112Lif
This, but the only way to play Django is to BECOME Django.

Best lose three of your fretting hand fingers now, or else you're doomed to fail.

I suggest doing it in a fire, for authenticity. You don't want to look like some half-assed poser now do you, TS?
play so me pretty chords bitches love pretty chords but seriously dont try to impress her with you technical skills unless it sounds as beautiful as the women youre trying to impress
Finger pick something using the major chords.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
don't be a guitar hero...and let her play
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Don't play Tesla.

80s for the fail
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
And hammer-on some 7ths.

But not 4ths. That's akin to rape, as 4ths are so awesome that it causes wimmin to want to sleep with you against their will.

Precisely.

I'm fairly certain the use of a loop pedal to harmonise (3rds or 5th, generally) is illegal in most of the developed world as it's akin to date rape. 4ths likely fall under the same guidelines.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
don't be a guitar hero...and let her play

this, if she seems interested let her strum a bit, maybe you can even show her a chord or two.
Quote by Todd Hart
Precisely.

I'm fairly certain the use of a loop pedal to harmonise (3rds or 5th, generally) is illegal in most of the developed world as it's akin to date rape. 4ths likely fall under the same guidelines.

I knew there was a reason Russian Circles dropped off the radar!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I knew there was a reason Russian Circles dropped off the radar!

'fraid so. Apparently they were crushed to death by a whinge (I believe that's the correct collective pronoun) of women.
You can always try and write something yourself...I was in the exact situation u were in and I played this acoustic instrumental I wrote a while back, she was very impressed! Especially after I told her I wrote it myself
Quote by randomsaguy
You can always try and write something yourself...I was in the exact situation u were in and I played this acoustic instrumental I wrote a while back, she was very impressed! Especially after I told her I wrote it myself

I bet you she wasn't.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Really cool - thanks for the all the awesome replys!

So... I've been looking up some catchy acoustic pieces, and thought about playing: norwegian wood, some zeppelin, maybe classical gas or house of the rising sun

I guess I dont have to play the whole god damn thing, just show her some goodies

Yeah I know its cheesy as ****, but... will it work?
Moonlight Sonata. Also teach her some easy chord thing (like 3am), she'll love that.
Quote by dinko1989
Really cool - thanks for the all the awesome replys!

So... I've been looking up some catchy acoustic pieces, and thought about playing: norwegian wood, some zeppelin, maybe classical gas or house of the rising sun

I guess I dont have to play the whole god damn thing, just show her some goodies

Yeah I know its cheesy as ****, but... will it work?

Do you want pussy? Cause you wont get any playing that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah I was thinking about teaching her something - but I wont try to teach her chords or anything redundant
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Do you want pussy? Cause you wont get any playing that.

She's a "hipster" type of a girl - what would you play then?
don't play guitar- impress her with the fact you're a nice person and are genuinely interesting. If it comes up, play something you've written. Playing guitar only to impress a chick is insulting to her and yourself.
Quote by dinko1989

"hipster" music.

Quote by JDizzle787
don't play guitar- impress her with the fact you're a nice person and are genuinely interesting. If it comes up, play something you've written. Playing guitar only to impress a chick is insulting to her and yourself.

Or, you know. Don't
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Just be honest and tell her you liked playing guitar but still learning. Girls like honesty trust me. Who knows, you and the girl will probably learn the guitar together if she's interested.

Don't try to be what you're not.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Oh, as for actual songs; Is There Anybody Out There by Pink Floyd and Your Revolution Is A Joke by Funeral For A Friend.
Quote by dinko1989

Ditch the guitar and play the ukulele. Guitars are too mainstream.
Quote by JDizzle787

Ill only be playing if she insists - my plan is to interest her with food and my charme ofc
we just talk alot about music and what I like/tend to play, when I play with my band, so Im thinking she'll want to hear it
Reckoner by Radiohead?
The main riff is very easy and beautiful, plus hipsterchicks love Radiohead
Also, fingerpicked ^_-
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Wonderwall by Oasis. I kid you not she'll be wetter than a hosepipe ban...
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Page 1 of 3