Page 1 of 3
Not in a religious way.

Even though I'm an atheist, churches have a really unique atmosphere that I would quite enjoy, so long as it's not crowded.
As an atheist, yes. Same with mosques, synagogues, temples...
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Same boat here. I like the architecture of the old churches with the beautiful stained glass and all of that nice stuff.
They're amazing buildings. Frankly, I like religious scripture too - they're amazing stories. It's religion's followers that cause the issues.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by GnR_ROK

Well, I also meant those. Not sure if there's a generalized term for these.
Quote by Aralingh

Places of worship.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by Aralingh

...churches?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
When I was little I loved going to old churches ever since I heard there were people buried under them and I tried to talk to them through the floor.

Now I like them because they're quiet (when there aren't a bunch of people there) and they can be pretty. I've only been to 2 non-touristy churches though.

Other places of worship are also cool if there aren't too many people around. Churches tend to have the least people from my experience though.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Mar 21, 2012,
Churches have pipe organs. Pipe organs are the greatest instrument ever. Therefore churches are alright with me.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yeah they're really nice places. They always have a peaceful feel to them. They feel safe. I'm not religious at all though. I love how old they usually are too.
Yes. I'm an atheist too, but why should that stop me from appreciating magnificent architecture?

The same goes for most religious buildings. Since I'm from England I've been far more exposed to medieval Christian churches than any other religious buildings, but they're all stunning in their own way. I particularly love gothic cathedrals. I'll always make a point of visiting them when I'm near one.

In fact I like them so much that I'm building one in minecraft.
I've gone to a wedding in a Catholic church in Seattle and the architecture was quite impressive.

Also, atheist.
Seems like more and more being Atheist is a fashion statement a way to fit in. I see it more and more on this website everyday.

Quote by GnR_ROK
They make me nervous.

EDIT: ^ All three months you've been registered.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by ToxXicSixString
Seems like more and more being Atheist is a fashion statement a way to fit in. I see it more and more on this website everyday.

That's just not nice. Same as people saying they're religious only because everyone else around them is, even though they aren't. For many people it's a "thing that I was doing even before it became popular"
Quote by Aralingh
That's just not nice. Same as people saying they're religious only because everyone else around them is, even though they aren't. For many people it's a "thing that I was doing even before it became popular"
So in other words, religious people are hipsters.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
They can be pretty, and they're pleasantly chilly in the summer, but I must not think about the money spent on the gold parts.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Yep. There's some beautiful architecture.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by StillSublime
So in other words, religious people are hipsters.

What I meant to say, is that a lot of people are hipsters.
Quote by Aralingh

But if a lot of people are hipsters, then surely it's more hipster not be a hipster?
I find them very calming.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Aralingh

I was a hipster before it was cool. But if a lot of people are hipsters, it's cool now.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Some of them are really good examples of their respective times' architecture.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
They looks great, and they tend to make me calm.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Religion and the lack of it "Atheists" its all about fashion. Bottom line is more and more people today call themselves atheist more and more people do because they know they will fit in. While I am not a religious person I am fare from Atheist. The minute people say oh yea I am this or oh yea I am not that they are only looking to fit in.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
But if a lot of people are hipsters, then surely it's more hipster not be a hipster?

The opposite.

More people are becoming hipsters so that the hipster value of becoming a hipster is also growing. Meaning, that the number of hipsters is growing exponentially.
A lot of churches have amazing acoustics.

Dat convolution reverb

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Old churches are pretty cool, and older Mormon Temples are really cool... Pompous and kind of against Jesus' views, but still beautiful
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Not really, I have a tendency to go up in a puff of smoke if I go too close to churches.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Page 1 of 3