I'm ****ing livid right now.

I just typed up this report. SAVED IT.

And when I went to attach it to send it. It wasn't there. Not in any other folder or anything, gone without a ****ing goddamn trace. Went to recover a lost file in Word. Not there.

WTF DO I DO. I'm ****ed aren't I.
You go to the computer thread, that's what you do.

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178317
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Last edited by guitarmaniac88 at Mar 21, 2012,
I think I'll just drink myself stupid.

Everytime I put my trust in computers, they **** me. EVERYTIME.
Do you have time to retype it? I am sure that is the last thing you want to do. But you may not have another choice.
Quote by ToxXicSixString
Do you have time to retype it? I am sure that is the last thing you want to do. But you may not have another choice.

No. Too bad for me, I'm not re-typing all that shit, I spent like 3 hours just fannagling around with it taking italic charachters off and fixing the entire uglyness of it when the template was given to me.

I submitted the other part. So that's like one third of the points.

I just don't give a ****. This shit happens all the time. I don't even know why I bother, this is what happens when teachers think it's so rad and hip to do things on the intranetz without paper, you just get ****ed and nobody gives a shit.
Sorry if this sounds obvious, but did you look in 'recently opened files' in Word?

If you want to try to search for the file, and if you're using Windows:
1. go into a file browser window
2. press 'Alt'
3. go to tools -> folder options
4. click the 'search' tab
5. check 'Always search file names and contents'
6. search your entire hard drive using key words you know were in the document

For some reason, it may also be hidden. So try:
1. go into a file browser window
2. press 'Alt'
3. go to tools -> folder options
4. click the 'view' tab
5. check 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Mar 21, 2012,
I'd much rather type up a huge ass report than to hand write it.

Quote by RPGoof
ITT: OP gets mad because he doesn't know how to computer

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
If you are on a windows computer (vista or above) then there is a search function, type in the file name but don't press enter and have a look around for the file.

Also, there is an option to restore your computer before it's last update, this can sometimes restore lost files, it restored my volume control option so who knows.

Also check your recycling bin, it may have ended up in there for some reason.

And for future reference, always save your important files on your computer and on a USB flash of some sort, just for safekeeping.
Quote by ProgFripp74
Also, there is an option to restore your computer before it's last update, this can sometimes restore lost files, it restored my volume control option so who knows.

Don't do this. It will not restore documents on the hard drive, it only restores the computer settings back to how they were at a previous date.
Nope, none if that worked.

Thanks for the help guys but there ain't much I can do when my computer decides to take a shit.

Either way, I have like 5 other things to give in so I'm not wasting any more time on this little crafty looking report thing.
Theres a program called undelete plus that retrieves lost files. There are bound to be other similar programs out there too. When you delete a file its not actually cleared from the memory. Only the memory addresses are marked as reusable or something like that. So if you have lost the file recently theres a good chance you can retrieve it back.

EDIT: You did mention deleting it. It might sound obvious but did you try doing a systemwide search?

Another EDIT: Undelete Plus only works for files that have been deleted. If you haven't deleted it or haven't saved it in the first place, its useless for you.
Last edited by RRRone at Mar 21, 2012,
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
this is why you spend 2 grand on a mac idiot

No, I'm guessing this is PEBCAC, so Mac would like have the same problems.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'