Post bands that you've known about for ages but haven't bothered looking up, but when you did get round to looking them up, they blew your mind.

I've known and liked a song called She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult for ages. Finally got round to listening to their other stuff and holy shit, DAT GUITAR RIFFAGE...
John Frusciante
Roffe Ruff
Sigur Ros
Björn Olsson - brother listened to him 6 years ago or so.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by blake1221
Can we stop with these fucking band threads? Please?

I second this.
Quote by Aralingh
I second this.

Ugh your user title and avatar. lololololololol
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Ugh your user title and avatar. lololololololol

It's a gothic eye.
Quote by Aralingh
It's a gothic eye.

Mostly your user title then.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Mostly your user title then.

What's wrong with my user title?
hmm, pretty sure this would go in the artist and band forum...
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Viildhjarta's Masstaden album. I had it on my computer for a while and only got round to listening to it a couple of weeks ago. Holy shit dude. That's a monstrous album. I don't listen to other djent type music, but this is something else musically and visually. It's so intense. The production of the album is so good. The subsonic brutal low bombs of noise is just ****ing ridiculous, especially when coupled with the randomness and ambience... It's just something else .
Wasn't there a very similar thread about this not too long ago?
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Post bands that you've known about for ages but haven't bothered looking up, but when you did get round to looking them up, they blew your mind.

I've known and liked a song called She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult for ages. Finally got round to listening to their other stuff and holy shit, DAT GUITAR RIFFAGE...

Kinda similar with The Cult. They were the reason I started playing guitar back in the '80s, then I got into Iron Maiden & Guns N Roses and sort of forgot about them until a couple of years ago and since then they've been reinstated as my favourite band.

Also, if you like She Sells Sanctuary, check out my profile - I've done what I think is a pretty good cover of it (although my singing isn't nearly as good as Ians )
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
for me it was Dust, Devo, Hawkwind and CCR

i knew of them but for some reason didnt delve into them like i shouldve

Devo are spectacular. Especially their Q/A album.
What would the pit be without shitty band threads?

Don't say a better place...
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by WantsLesPaul
**** music, let's talk about our feelings instead

And our day.
Burzum

Only realised how good it was after I had an album or two knocking around on my iTunes for like 2 years.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
^ I have nightmares when I listen to Burzum.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
The Police.
I'd known about them for a while, but when I started listening to them I started wondering where they'd been all my life.

Same goes for Sting, really.

Pantera, I had known of them for a while, but started really liking them when I started listening to them.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise