Hey there

So a guy has offered me one of these in exchange for a MIM strat, I've heard only good things about the cleans on this but since I won't have it on a high volume I won't get much tube breakup. So my question is can I just whack on a couple pedals to get an overdrive/distortion sound? Because I would play mostly metal/ rock on it, also any suggestions for good pedals. I have a zoom G2 but I'm looking For more like a full tone OCD

Cheers
Quote by moscaespañol
easily the most depressing thing i've seen today.

and i saw a kid drop his ice cream.
sure you can no problem they take pedals just fine. you sure it's a tube amp though and not one of the SS princeton models? the reason i mention this is that one of those is worth way more than most MIM series guitars
It's worth $900. The guy knows he's taking a loss :P do you know how many channels it has? Or is it just one clean channel and I just use that?
Quote by moscaespañol

you are literally getting probably the best deal ever, i don't think that guy knows what he's doing. but princetons are great amps, but just be aware that it's not a great choice for anything metal. it's great for other things but you'll need another amp for metal, but you really should take this deal, it's good to have a clean amp and considering the deal at hand it would be crazy not to take it. pedals will do what you're asking though, and yeah it's only one channel
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Last edited by gerraguitar at Mar 21, 2012,
i'm assuming you are talking about the princeton reverb if it's the $900 one, because there are newer versions of the princeton that aren't worth the parts they're made from. forgot to point that out, you might want to check if it's the good princeton
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
A 65 foot Princeton?!?!?!
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
thanks a lot! its a 65 princeton reverb, the guy wants my mim strat for his grandson because he is afraid that he will pawn it so he doesnt want to give him one of his USA made guitars. He has no money atm so he said i'll do the trade since he has a deluxe and twin reverb as well. but i dont give a shit what his got, i just want the deal to happen! thanks guys
Quote by moscaespañol

A real '65 Princeton? Like one actually made in 1965? Do it - do it now.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
as long as it's a "65 princeton reverb RI" and not a "princeton 65" then yes, hell yes.

in a heartbeat.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.