hey guys, im looking for black machine heads for my gibson explorer with great ratios to them. im not really familiar with machine heads but i know not all match the back holes for a gibson explorer either, which is a problem. so please reccomend some good tuners that hit the holes on the headstock without having to re-drill. thanks
ESP Edwards Explorer - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD V-300 - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD EC-401 - DiMarzio D Activator
Ibanez RG2EX2 - DiMarzio Super Distortion / LiquiFire
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 100
BOSS NS-2
Hardwire Polyphonic Tuner
wait. its supposed to be the higher the ratio the better right? and do both these line up with the screws already in the gibson explorer tuners? cause i dont wanna redrill
Yup. The higher the better.
I'm not sure if they have direct fit 6 on a side tuners. If I had to guess, i'd say they have something for you. You'll have to investigate that. Try emailing them, or call their tech support.
If u have stock Grover Minis or Gibsons, those are 14:1 (pretty sure). The Sperzels are 12:1.
IMO the only reasonable upgrade would be going to locking tuners or nothing. If u don't know what those are, look them up and research reviews. Locking tuners make re-stringing way faster and easier. They also keep ur guitar in tune better than conventional tuners (if u don't know how to lock strings by winding correctly). With locking type, you don't need windings around the posts.
Also, IMO the Planet Waves are the best value - and the string sniping is icing on the cake.
Do some leg work and read up on the subject. Google is ur friend
- Good luck and Cya.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 22, 2012,