So i have Dean Dave Mustaine Angel of Deth VMNT. The other day, the sound started to cut out through my amp and i took it to the repair shop. They said that it was a simple soldering job, and i got it fixed. When i got it back, it worked fine, until i swapped out the 9 volt battery for the active pickups (Dave Mustaine Livewires). When i switched out the battery for my battery of choice, the sound cut out. I switched back to the battery that they put in there and after a while the battery itself became very hot with the sound still cutting out. Does anyone know whats wrong? Please help.
Sounds like somebody ****ed up.
I'd take it back and tell them to rewire it for free.
That or learn to solder and do it right. Installing actives is quite easy.
I rewired from scratch blackouts to a 3 way w/ 1 tone 1 vol in about half an hour on my first go with actives. No quick connect either.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Mar 21, 2012,
definitely still a soldering issue. most shops warranty their work for a period, so you should be able to get it fixed
Quote by Mike.Munafo
So i have Dean Dave Mustaine Angel of Deth VMNT. The other day, the sound started to cut out through my amp and i took it to the repair shop. They said that it was a simple soldering job, and i got it fixed. When i got it back, it worked fine, until i swapped out the 9 volt battery for the active pickups (Dave Mustaine Livewires). When i switched out the battery for my battery of choice, the sound cut out. I switched back to the battery that they put in there and after a while the battery itself became very hot with the sound still cutting out. Does anyone know whats wrong? Please help.

first off what makes a battery be superior to your tone and be of your choice?

i have messed with actives literally for 10 years and have been yet to pick a favorite battery. some of the people on TGP made a big bitchfight over that a certain battery is better for effects (IIRC the battery Dano issues on their gear or sell), but i don't think it would made a noticable difference although it is a different type.

did you check that the battery had enough charge on it after putting it in not working, although that woudn't necessarily describe the issue you are having.

you probably broke off a connection as has already been stated. but learn to solder. it will save you money in the long run. $12 iron will do you fine $8 for solder and flux, probably less than you paid at the shop.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/