I have this Blotted Science type tapping riff, and its based on a progression of these three chords

B E Bb, F Bb A, F# C# G.

Can anyone help me as to how to name these chords?
I'm not really confident on my chord figuring out abilities.

fyi, the riff is in 9/8

B Standard R= right hand hammer, L = left hand tap

|-------------------------------------------
|--------8----------9----------------------
|-8---6----6-5---8------------------------
|---5-----------7--------------------------
L R R L R R L L L
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Gotta be honest, those are some of the bizzarest chords I've come across.

Use this site, and use the "Reverse Chord Generator" tool- it will give you some options, though they're gonna have some craaazy names with those chords. Good luck!

http://www.chorderator.com/cgi-bin/designer.py

haha thanks dude!
that webstie was useful... in a way.

E5addA#/B, Fno5add4, and F#5addG XP
those chords are really impractical, i think you should go back and rethink about what the tonal center is, there's no way you ccan determine and justify any of those, an F Bb and an A, it could a Bbmaj7 chord instead of a.....Fno5add4...all depends on how it's being used. And also, you have to think about it from the mind of a musician, would you yourself write a riff based on an E5addA#/B...? Call it an A# and you're looking at a maj7sus chord.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by gerraguitar
those chords are really impractical, i think you should go back and rethink about what the tonal center is, there's no way you ccan determine and justify any of those, an F Bb and an A, it could a Bbmaj7 chord instead of a.....Fno5add4...all depends on how it's being used. And also, you have to think about it from the mind of a musician, would you yourself write a riff based on an E5addA#/B...? Call it an A# and you're looking at a maj7sus chord.

WEll, yes I would write a riff based on a E5addA#/B, as I already have. If you play the riff in the title, you can see how they correspond to each other on the fretboard.
B E A#
Bmaj7sus

F Bb A
Fadd11, but honestly sounds like a Bbmaj7 without a third.

F# C# G
F#5(b9)

Just to echo above, these chords do seem a bit random. Unless they have really nice voiceleading (which they don't if they're stacked in the order you wrote them), they're sort of "random". I can see them relating to more typical chords, but they seem to be missing integral notes. For instance if I play it and extend it out to Bmaj7-Bbmaj7-F#7b9...it does sound OK and makes a bit more sense, but...

really depends on how you're playing it.
Last edited by chronowarp at Mar 22, 2012,