Hey, I was wondering if there was a software program I can download that allows me to play a song(weather electric or acoustic) and the program automatically tabs it out?

I have a music project for school next week and they want our written music. Its a pain to tab out originals.
Lol that would make the tabbers' lives a hell of a lot easier. But no such thing exists to my knowledge unless the song is a MIDI file.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
There are various devices that can convert guitar or whatever to MIDI data, but then you would still have to organize the MIDI into a legible tab in whatever tableture program you use, which is almost as difficult as just tabbing the song out in the first place. You don't have enough time to get that sort of equipment, if it is due next week. It really doesn't take that much effort to tab out a song though, unless your song is like 17 minutes long with 12 tracks or something. It sounds like you're just being lazy and trying to avoid actually doing work.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I've submitted 2 tabs to this site, both of them took me about 20 minutes maximum.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You have a music project at school but you can't even manage to write out the notation? Wow.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by theogonia777
There are various devices that can convert guitar or whatever to MIDI data, but then you would still have to organize the MIDI into a legible tab in whatever tableture program you use, which is almost as difficult as just tabbing the song out in the first place. You don't have enough time to get that sort of equipment, if it is due next week. It really doesn't take that much effort to tab out a song though, unless your song is like 17 minutes long with 12 tracks or something. It sounds like you're just being lazy and trying to avoid actually doing work.

Tux guitar makes midi look reasonably like guitar through file conversion.
Quote by captaincrunk
Tux guitar makes midi look reasonably like guitar through file conversion.

There are still some problems though, such as if your playing was sloppy, the note durations would be rather far off (I've had a couple of "interesting" experiences importing MIDI data that I've recorded via a controller in real time), which in tux guitar would result in something that would look like the attached file.

That's a MIDI file from a rather messy take of a solo. Try importing it and taking a look. Not very appealing to look at, so TS would have to go in and fix the durations of each note so that it would look presentable, which would probably take about as much effort as actually tabbing it out. And since TS is complaining about how much effort it will take, it wouldn't be surprising if his playing is not very clean, probably messier than that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
There are still some problems though, such as if your playing was sloppy, the note durations would be rather far off (I've had a couple of "interesting" experiences importing MIDI data that I've recorded via a controller in real time), which in tux guitar would result in something that would look like the attached file.

That's a MIDI file from a rather messy take of a solo. Try importing it and taking a look. Not very appealing to look at, so TS would have to go in and fix the durations of each note so that it would look presentable, which would probably take about as much effort as actually tabbing it out. And since TS is complaining about how much effort it will take, it wouldn't be surprising if his playing is not very clean, probably messier than that.

You have no file here. And no, not every note. Plus it would save a shit ton of time.
Isn't there that MIDI guitar that has over 100 individual buttons for each of the notes? I think it costs a hell of a lot, but there might be something in that.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You have a music project at school but you can't even manage to write out the notation? Wow.

I was more shocked to see a music class actually accept tab as an acceptable form of written music.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Asking for something like this to tab out your own song is just... ridiculous.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S