So I got a marshall mg 100 hdfx but it's really not delivering that sound I want. I have an epiphone futura prophecy fx and use a boss metal zone pedal mt-2. I want to get a nice heavy clean sound. What do you guys recommend thanks.
Quote by david-vbhc
Vox ac30 and 4 bricks. Clean and heavy.

This. TS, you've described a sound that's really hard to achieve. This solution is essentially the best of both worlds. Good luck!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I think he means heavy and articulate.

The answer, as always, is a used JCM800.
What I mean is a good clean sound without distortion and a nice sound playing power chords with distortion.
Quote by david-vbhc
Vox ac30 and 4 bricks. Clean and heavy.

Hahaha
Go to a shop and try every amp in there until you find the one you like.

Anything else is just someone else's opinion and means nothing, only your opinion counts.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Go to a shop and try every amp in there until you find the one you like.

Anything else is just someone else's opinion and means nothing, only your opinion counts.

Not completely true. Wasted money an time on something you aren't going to be able to stand in a year or two, is just dumb.

That being said, I <3 old-school death metal, so I have that amp. **** the rest of ya.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Not completely true. Wasted money an time on something you aren't going to be able to stand in a year or two, is just dumb.

That being said, I <3 old-school death metal, so I have that amp. **** the rest of ya.

That's why you actually need to try it out before buying, rather than just believing what you hear from a bunch of strangers on the internet.... Buying without trying is what is truly dumb.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
slo
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
slo

This, if you have a lot of money to play with. Otherwise, JCM800 + overdrive pedal.
You really have to crank the 800 circuit to get it to metal territory. It is NOT a bedroom amp, that's for sure.
Quote by 667
Was a budget mentioned?

No, that's why I said a SLO. Best thrash amp with no budget and the answer has to be a SLO.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
No, that's why I said a SLO. Best thrash amp with no budget and the answer has to be a SLO.

SLO doesn't sacrifice virgins.

VH140!

/troll
Why don't you jsut get Jim Marshall to build you something special?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
SLO doesn't sacrifice virgins.

VH140!

/troll

Yessss!

My Crate GX-130c (basically the same). Picked it up for $99. It will hang with my 5150 all day. Im selling my Blackstar HT-5 and keeping this. The HT-5 with a boost gets to where you need to go, but i don't have a need for it with this thing. I use it for my attenuated practices - and i plan to gig with it for shows where my amp might get knocked over by knuckleheads.

Quote by 667

I used to be in a band with a guy that has that exact same setup (Crate -> Randall)

We played goregrind, and it kicked ass.

Not really a rock n roll amp though, but if TS is on a tight budget (nobody knows yet, wtf) it really is a good option.

Maybe I just worship Death too much