I have a Mark IV head in very good condition, and found a guy selling a 2 channel tremoverb. I think my amp is worth a little more, but he has no cash to add. Thoughts? Would I be silly to trade the mark straight up?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
I have a Mark IV head in very good condition, and found a guy selling a 2 channel tremoverb. I think my amp is worth a little more, but he has no cash to add. Thoughts? Would I be silly to trade the mark straight up?

Wow just wow.

Short answer is NO.

DOn't get me wrong, I love the Tremoverb. It has a great clean and the best distortion from the Rectifier series. However, Value wise it doesn't add up. Resale for the Mark IV is between $1,300 to $1,800 where as you can find the Tremoverb for $800-$1,100. Unless he's able to throw in new tubes, pedals, etc it's not an even trade.
He's asking 1,100 for the tremoverb. I know the mark is worth a bit more, but I highly doubt I could get $1800 for it. I was thinking maybe like 1400. I mean, I've seen brand new mark V's online for $2100.

I'm not running out to make the deal or anything, just wasn't sure if the guys asking price of $1100 was fair... haven't really paid much attention to them before, but lately I've been wanting a recto.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
He's asking 1,100 for the tremoverb. I know the mark is worth a bit more, but I highly doubt I could get $1800 for it. I was thinking maybe like 1400. I mean, I've seen brand new mark V's online for $2100.

I'm not running out to make the deal or anything, just wasn't sure if the guys asking price of $1100 was fair... haven't really paid much attention to them before, but lately I've been wanting a recto.

If that's the case, depending on the condition it's a fair value.
Even if you can get 1400, and hes asking 1100. You're still up 300 bucks selling yours and then buying out his offer - you might even be able to talk him down some.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212