ive been playing for a good 6 years now, and i recently just noticed that my ring and pinky still move together quite alot. i can move them seperatly but i would them to have more independance from each other.

Anyone got any effective excercises that they have used/still use to get over this hurdle?
When I'm not playing, I usually just let my hand rest on my arm or leg, and practice finger seperation!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
The third finger by nature of how it's connected in the hand and arm will never be fully independent—there will always be some form of sympathetic motion. If there is not at least some sympathetic motion, then there is tension being created to stop such. That being said, you can still work on exercises to increase independence, but there will always be some sympathetic motion.
Now I dont have any proof to support this other than personal experience. I believe practicing any 4 finger like 4-3-2-1 or 10-8-7-5 but using your pinky as a pedal point: 4-3-4-2-4-1 (repeat 50x?) This might help I think.