i need a new set of power tubes in my vk 112. the amp is fixed bias so does this mean that ANY 6L6GC tubes will work in the amp??? please help as i need to order today
fixed normally means it has to be biased (if it's "fixed adjustable", anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh ok, i think i have read that the amp doesnt need biasing, so does this mean i can just put any 6l6 tube in??
oh ok, it might be unadjustable fixed.

I have no idea, you'd need to ask some of the more knowledgeable people round here.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
VK is plug and play. Just stick in the new tubes (yes, any 6L6GC will work) and start playing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
brilliant thanks for that. This is the first time i have had to change the tubes so its new to me. Any ideas on what tubes to go for?
SED =C= if you can afford them, JJ if you can't. JJ are the best value for money. Almost as good but half the price.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
SED =C= if you can afford them, JJ if you can't. JJ are the best value for money. Almost as good but half the price.

+1

SEDs are great but JJs will work fine for you.

The Valvekings are non-adjustable fixed bias. Plug n Play. You'd have to modify the amp to add a bias pot to do it manually.
tubetown in germany sells JJ

so does hotrox and watford valves

i found tubetown a little cheaper (but i ordered from them a while ago, no idea what the prices are like now).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
they are cheap on watford valves

why are JJ'S so cheap when you consider the price of say the fender tubes i looked at??
Fender don't make tubes, neither do GrooveTubes. Those ones you linked to are actually Sovtek 5881WXT. I'd take JJ over them any day.
Groovetube GT-6L6S are their JJ 6L6GC's.
GrooveTube charge extra to test them, match them and relabel them. If you want to pay extra to get them to do that knock yourself out.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ yeah

just bear in mind i don't think the watford valves price includes VAT. so that might be why they're so cheap.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?