So after some time I decided it was time to experiment with something new. So without further delay (although give me time to reserve the posts for the pictures and a little bit to make a review):

The case is pretty heavy, and the guitar doesn't help either when I have to carry it 3 floors up in my apartment building. Love the accidental bokehs behind too!

Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Last edited by RR787 at Mar 22, 2012,

Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
This guitar actually looks pretty nice with a maple fretboard.

Happy NGD !
- - - - - - - - - - -
If the size bothers anyone, let me know; although the stretching is minimum.

The guitar is an Agile Intrepid 8:

Specs:
Neck-thru
Maple fretboard (24 jumbo frets)
EMG808
Mahogany body reinforced with walnut
Sexy 28.65" Scale for nice brootalz.

How it plays: It plays fast and amazing comfortable. I've never played an eight before (although I've had 2 sevens) and it's pure heavy. The neck is very wide although the soothing shape of it accommodates to my hand easily. The fretboard feels top notch as high end goes and the access to the higher frets is superb. Not a single problem hitting the 24th.

The pickups deliver extreme sustain alongside the quality wood. I could ring out a note for over 10 seconds in the eight strings and unless I muted it, it would keep on ringing. Besides that, I've always liked the EMGX0X pickups on my 2 Sevens, although I'm not that much of a fan of the 6 string EMGs. Don't know why, but that's beside the point. The EMG808 sound incredibly crystalline and bassy on the cleans, and it's distorted tones pack a delivering punch for those distorted riffs we tend to love.

Not so sure what else I would write about, since I'm basically speechless but if you're feeling on an eight, I wouldn't think it twice to get one of these. Feel free to shoot any question.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Nappy new guitar day, looks sweet.
Switch looks like its in an odd spot, any issues w/ that?

Oh lolololo * happy
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Mar 22, 2012,
It's a bit far from "my picking area" on the strings, but it's rather close to the bridge so I can get it quite easily from an upstroke to the neck position, or vice versa from the neck to the bridge position. I've had way worse so maybe I'm that flexible besides that I don't switch that much. Thanks for asking.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Nice HNGD. I love natural finishes. I could never get used to a neck that wide though. Nice guitar
That first pic of the guitar is fuckin' sexy! It looks as tasty as a Solero ice cream... probably because its coloured like Solero ice cream.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 22, 2012,
Very nice.

I have a question though - how do you take such high quality pictures that are so small? My phone can go up to 8mp, but that resolution is massive, so I never use it (3Kx1.8K dimensions are just useless).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
gorgeous axe man! i miss my agile intrepid, but i dont regret selling it to fund my carvin dc800. if i ever do need a second 8 string, it will be an intrepid! i hope you continue to enjoy that scale length too. that actually hurt my wrist and not in a good way when playing on the lower frets so 27" is probably the max for me from now on. what do you think of the wider string spacing? sometimes i loved it and sometimes it made certain things tougher.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by zhanknight
Wow, gorgeous. What gauge are the lower strings?

8 string is .76 if I'm not mistaken. Tuned to F# atm.

Quote by Offworld92
Very nice.

I have a question though - how do you take such high quality pictures that are so small? My phone can go up to 8mp, but that resolution is massive, so I never use it (3Kx1.8K dimensions are just useless).

I used my Nikon D90 at max. resolution which is 12.3MP and resized on Photobucket. Since the DSLR processes pictures better all together, I can freely resize around without sacrificing noticeable quality. Although a photographer can spot the difference, since I originally posted the thread with huge pictures and it looked far better imo. Just painful to read.

Quote by SYLrules88
gorgeous axe man! i miss my agile intrepid, but i dont regret selling it to fund my carvin dc800. if i ever do need a second 8 string, it will be an intrepid! i hope you continue to enjoy that scale length too. that actually hurt my wrist and not in a good way when playing on the lower frets so 27" is probably the max for me from now on. what do you think of the wider string spacing? sometimes i loved it and sometimes it made certain things tougher.

I'm still adjusting to the neck since it's my first 8 string and I haven't played 7s in quite a bit. It doesn't hurt my wrist, but clearly it wears my hand out quickly until I adapt better. On the other hand, the wider spacing has allowed me to keep up and visualize where I am on the fretboard. But I've always adapted to guitar necks after a while so I guess that's just me. I know people who can't play wizards necks the same way I know people who won't play an eight.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
That first pic of the guitar is fuckin' sexy! It looks as tasty as a Solero ice cream... probably because its coloured like Solero ice cream.

Just saw this, LOL.

Thanks everyone, for your best regards.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Last edited by RR787 at Mar 23, 2012,
Nice man! My friend had an Agile 8 (not sure what model), but it had a Kahler and 2 808's. Played pretty nice... Once we got the guitar out of the rondo case which was like stuck shut.
HNGD!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I have the Rondo case, it weights quite a bit. Between the heavy guitar and the case; it should be at 25lbs or so. But a stuck case is pretty lulz. Thanks again for the good wishes.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221