It's really hard to answer such a vague question. Generally, picking etc will be the same, but rock players are likely to play in a different way to blues players. Having said that, there's a ridiculous amount of overlap between the two genres, so it's impossible to be specific.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
man! it's you again just making life difficult for everyone by not explaining your questions at all.

And no, both genres use as many chords as you want to use. just like any other genre.
i have some questions in my mind and i dont know where to ask them.i think you guys of this forum can help me.
Your questions are a little hard to explain. They are likely on rhythm sometimes, but lead technics are totally different.
Quote by pankar94
is blues technique different from rock technique???

Nope. There's no such thing as blues technique or rock technique any more than there is metal technique or jazz technique. You can use literally any technique in literally any genre. The differences between genres have more to do with instrumentation and phrasing than what techniques you used to get there.

Rock is largely derived from various blues styles, so there really isn't much difference besides instrumentation. You'll see down picking, alternate picking, various percussive strumming techniques, bends, and vibrato among other techniques. I've also seen (and used) sweeping when playing both; the same goes for multifinger tapping and dime squeals and just about every other technique I know. As long as it's phrased and arranged as a blues or rock passage typically is, technique means nothing.

is it true that in rock you use more chords than blues?

Nope. You can use any chord you want as long as you make it fit. I'm working on a song that builds a melody based on a series of neopolitan chords, but the melody is a really skanky, filthy blues-rock sounding because the main chord tones are built around a pentatonic scale. You might be thinking about jazz, which often uses the guitar primarily to provide chords as opposed to mainly playing riffs or melodic lines.

Quote by TheDuckMajor
man! it's you again just making life difficult for everyone by not explaining your questions at all.

Chill out. This forum is here for any questions relating to guitar technique. Actually, I don't think his questions are particularly vague; they're just questions that a beginner who doesn't know enough to ask a more specific question would ask.