Hello all,

I want 80's métal sounds...I have a Peavy Classic 30 and my guitar is EC-1000(LTD)..What Pedal i need??

Or change my peavy classic ??? Jet city amp ?
Last edited by mrshowtime at Mar 22, 2012,
You gotta be more specific man.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I love all of glam métal band but with my amp,i do not reach the 80s song,only with the peavy classic 30..

I need boost? Or just change my amp for my style??
Jcm800, ibanez tubescreamer, kramer/charvel superstrat with seymour duncan or dimarzio humbucker in bridge.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
you could try a boost or overdrive pedal, yeah. that'd be the thing to try first. if that's not enough, a hot rod marshall-voiced distortion pedal might be worth a look.

upgrading the speaker in the classic 30 probably wouldn't hurt, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What Dave said. Try a tubescreamer or something along those lines for boosting. The Classic 30 also gets a lot better with a speaker upgrade. A Celestion Vintage 30 or someting similar (Eminence Governor, WGS Veteran 30) should work well for what you want to do. These two things should get you most of the way to an '80s sound.

Naturally, if you'd want it to be super-authentic, you'd have to get a different amp; but I think your C30 should be able to give you a satisfactory tone with the changes that have been mentioned so far.

maybe even something a bit more vintage than a v30. greenback or g12h30 or similar? though the greenback's only 25w, you'd have to go for the new creamback or another company's higher wattage clone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
True, depending on what kind of tone you want. If you think of say, Guns 'n' Roses or Van Halen, a Greenback or something like that would be a good choice.... I was thinking more along the lines of Hair Metal (Ratt and such) and Thrash Metal. I'd definitely take a V30 for that.
agreed for thrash. i prefer my g12h30s for ratt, though. probably even earlier thrash, too.

just depends, of course. they'll all (presumably, i haven't tried a greenback) do it more or less. And if you haven't tried all 3 you'll probably think whichever one you get does it pretty well. just if you tried all 3 head to head you'd probably have a preference, kind of thing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?