Page 1 of 2
So I'm looking to move to somewhere. In england. It seems though that 1 in 2 people especially in the london area are immigrants.

Do you english feel this enhances your lives or do you regret this influx?
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Mar 22, 2012,
As long as they speak the language and are in employment , i don't care where they come from.
inb4 shitstorm.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Apathetic towards it. I don't live in London and their immigrant population is FAR higher than here in the North, but I can't say I'd either be enthusiastic or annoyed by any more immigrants.

Where are you originally from? This would matter to many people I know (the Daily Fail-reading type of people).
As far as I know they got rid of the 'No dogs,No blacks, No Irish' signs. There are large muslim ghettos with gangs that enforce Sharia Law so check out the neighbourhood before you move there
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I don't really have a problem with immigrants, just as long as they can speak the language and aren't assholes.

Actually, that's my universal rule for anyone. Misanthropy: It's like racism towards the world.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I live in London. There honestly aren't as many immigrants as you might think. Because of the stats, you might think that there are 20 immigrants living in every house or something. But it is just not the case.

Quote by sam b
He's going to batter Bottas. Aye, stick that in your sig Bill

go to cambridge. best city in england. everyone is really friendly and they welcome immigrants really well but its not packed with them.

there arent any slums in cambridge and there's a much lower crime rate too.
Last edited by TheDuckMajor at Mar 22, 2012,
Quote by sashki
"THEY TERK UR JERBS"
-The Great British Public

What accent is that?
I am opposed to all sorts of general immigration to integrate into our work force just so every crew looks like it could be in a politically correct TV commercial.

In almost every field where I live, there are not enough jobs to go around for our current citizens. I support importing qualified people from any country to fill in positions that we need, though.

I can see the concern of the Muslim takeover of peace. Those who support Sharia Law in western nations are a problem. I can't tolerate fascists and I will not ever live by your fascist savagery. It will be time to talk maximum shit about Islam as soon as questioning a bunch of cave phags can get you legally stoned you to death for such.
Personally I think it's awful. I can't help but think what the place would be like if the germanic people hadn't invaded around 400 AD.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by garden of grey
I can see the concern of the Muslim takeover of peace. Those who support Sharia Law in western nations are a problem. I can't tolerate fascists and I will not ever live by your fascist savagery. It will be time to talk maximum shit about Islam as soon as questioning a bunch of cave phags can get you legally stoned you to death for such.

Honestly dude, Sharia law is about as threatening as Kosher law, at least here in the US. People get all riled up though, because apparently Muslims are the devil, and if their devil blessed satanic meat products are found in grocery stores, the rapture is coming.

I know Sharia law has a different face in the Middle East. That's not what I'm talking about. It will not turn into that in the West, because (I'm assuming Britain has this too) of separation of church and state. There's no reason why that would ever come about.

Quote by whoomit

What accent is that?

Swedish Chef.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
So I'm looking to move to somewhere. In england. It seems though that 1 in 2 people especially in the london area are immigrants.

Do you english feel this enhances your lives or do you regret this influx?

where did you get that impression from?

was it:

not white = immigrant

???

edit: eh, a lot of your access has been from london.

you trollin'
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
you think it's bad in london? come see what it's like in Toronto
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by kaptkegan
Honestly dude, Sharia law is about as threatening as Kosher law, at least here in the US. People get all riled up though, because apparently Muslims are the devil, and if their devil blessed satanic meat products are found in grocery stores, the rapture is coming.

I know Sharia law has a different face in the Middle East. That's not what I'm talking about. It will not turn into that in the West, because (I'm assuming Britain has this too) of separation of church and state. There's no reason why that would ever come about.

Swedish Chef.

There have been cases where Sharia courts were allowed to operate in london making rulings on the muslim community. A lot of hal'al meat is sold which isnt labelled as such which many people object to buying for various reasons. Personally I think the practice is barbaric and avoid buying meat which is slaughtered by its methods but my main objection would be the fact that the consumer isnt given the choice in many cases because the meat isnt declared hal'al
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

i love London.
on a side note, if TS is american, i don't think he has any right what so ever to criticize immigration.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
i love London.
on a side note, if TS is american, i don't think he has any right what so ever to criticize immigration.

This is the most retarded statement... It obviously wasn't his choice to emigrate to America if he lives there. He was just born there. He had no say in what happened there 200-300 years ago and he didn't influence that at all as he wasn't even alive. People need to stop using that
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
This is the most retarded statement... It obviously wasn't his choice to emigrate to America if he lives there. He was just born there. He had no say in what happened there 200-300 years ago and he didn't influence that at all as he wasn't even alive. People need to stop using that

Actually, it's quite a useful point to bring up since some people think immigration = bad.
Quote by kaptkegan

I have never seen a Jew interested in legally abiding Kosher law outside of maybe Israel, have you?

I said fifty years to a century. Caucasians are disappearing from the western world thru low birth rates as the remainder sinks into a sea of immigrants, I am concerned about my future rights because the influx of immigrants generally does not seem to care about them like westerners have over the past couple of centuries. (Lol, Constitution/bill of rights. All you need to do is buy out Congress and write around the doc)

So... do middle easterners change their face and culture instantly when they move? I am not buying this. I am not saying that there is no such thing as a westernized, moderate Muslim, but letting the excess of the Middle East replace our countries populace is bringing problems.

Indonesia anyone? Don't inform me that only Muslims are policed through Sharia, they should get some ****ing will power and keep their religion out of the penal code.

Europeans will have it worse than Americans will as it is hugely eastern Muslims filling up their countries.

I already worship the beast, pass me some of dat der sacred meat, I would try it lol.

Quote by Kensai
Actually, it's quite a useful point to bring up since some people think immigration = bad.

It's not. Things could go bad if we see it as absolutely good.
Last edited by garden of grey at Mar 22, 2012,
Quote by Kensai

Well, consider what America is like now, and what it(and South America) would have been like without Europeans emigrating there.
No syphilis, for one thing.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by garden of grey
It's not. Things could go bad if we see it as absolutely good.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, consider what America is like now, and what it(and South America) would have been like without Europeans emigrating there.
No syphilis, for one thing.

As illustrated by slapsy here, yes. We don't want another USA now do we?
Quote by Kensai

Do you really think that the USA was around when that was happening?

Curse Christopher Columbus
Quote by Kensai

We British are sufficiently fat and ignorant, thank you very much.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Eggmond
As far as I know they got rid of the 'No dogs,No blacks, No Irish' signs. There are large muslim ghettos with gangs that enforce Sharia Law so check out the neighbourhood before you move there

wat.
Quote by gabcd86
wat.

1)The no dogs... sign was common in England back in the day

2)http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/jun/29/sharia-courts-illegal-advice-claims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019547/Anjem-Choudary-Islamic-extremists-set-Sharia-law-zones-UK-cities.

Sorry for the second link. Its from the daily fail but there was a similar story reported in a more reputable paper
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Kensai
Personally I think it's awful. I can't help but think what the place would be like if the germanic people hadn't invaded around 400 AD.

They already had the romans by then, the place had already gone to shit.

But on topic...
Actually, I forgot what I was gonna say

* Yeah, immigration isn't really the bad thing, it's how the governments handle it. Not saying I know ways to make it better, but people moving from one place to another shouldn't make either place "worse". Maybe a higher concentration of poorer people in some parts, but that is happening with or without immigrants.
Last edited by flxjhnlrssn at Mar 22, 2012,
People need to get their facts straight before talking about the 'swathes of immigrants invading our good old INGERLAND taking all the jobs etc etc'.

The actual percentage of England's population that have immigrated since the turn of the 90's is (including children and grandchildren since that point), and I can't remember the exact statistic, but is only around 5%.

The trouble is, their population is concentrated in certain areas in very large city's, like London, Birmingham and Leicester, who seem to have an incredible reputation as an immigration center.

As for me personally, I don't have a problem with those that are here, and whilst places like London are awful, they're awful because people there a dick heads, and cities in general are awful, rather than because of immigrants.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

ya'know, allot of the people you will see in london aren't emigrants by choice, their parents bought them their, so i don't think theirs really that much difference between that and what happened 200-300 years ago, honestly, it doesn't change a thing.

and before you judge me, i am an immigrant.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
I'm actually intrigued by the idea that in the future there's going to be lots of British people and families with Polish/Eastern European names.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by garden of grey
I have never seen a Jew interested in legally abiding Kosher law outside of maybe Israel, have you?

All the time actually. There are a lot of Jewish people in Berkeley, and many of them stay strictly kosher, all the time. They respect Jewish holidays and traditions.

I said fifty years to a century. Caucasians are disappearing from the western world thru low birth rates as the remainder sinks into a sea of immigrants, I am concerned about my future rights because the influx of immigrants generally does not seem to care about them like westerners have over the past couple of centuries. (Lol, Constitution/bill of rights. All you need to do is buy out Congress and write around the doc)

I guess I have more faith in our political system than you do. Our laws didn't change through influxes of Irish, Chinese, Japanese, or Hispanics. I see no reason why Muslim immigrants are any different than any of those.

So... do middle easterners change their face and culture instantly when they move? I am not buying this. I am not saying that there is no such thing as a westernized, moderate Muslim, but letting the excess of the Middle East replace our countries populace is bringing problems.

Middle Easterners who are emigrating to other countries aren't doing it to invade. They're doing it to get out of where they are. To escape the problems currently tearing apart their home countries, and to find a better life. I've met a lot of immigrants of every culture. I'm only 3rd-generation American, myself, meaning my family descends from immigrants. Despite that, I have yet to meet a foreign-born person in the US who moved here to 'take over.'

Indonesia anyone? Don't inform me that only Muslims are policed through Sharia, they should get some ****ing will power and keep their religion out of the penal code.

There is a problem in Indonesia, generated by years of cultural conflict, and stemming from the replacements of entire peoples hundreds of years ago when 'taking over' a whole continent was still viable. Present me with a well reasoned and logical way how there are parallels between Indonesia and here, showing that could happen in America. Back it up with facts, and I'll reexamine my viewpoint.

I agree that meat should be marked as Hal'al, and if there's meat that was slaughtered this way that isn't marked that's a problem, but as to some swarm of immigrants trying to take over the 1st world, I really don't think that's going to be a real issue.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Man, I just flew through Heathrow airport, and guess what? I had an encounter with a, of course, black man.

Nobody else gave me shit the entire journey, but of course the ONE TIME I get a black guy checking my passport he's all like:

"Sir, your passport is a quite worn out. If you are going to be travelling more frequently, I would strongly suggest you get a new one, because if this becomes unreadable while travelling to foreign countries you can be kept in said country until the embassy issues you a new one. To save yourself the trouble I'd advise you to request a new one in your home country."

Typical black guy, pissing all over the white man!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 22, 2012,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Man, I just flew through Heathrow airport, and guess what? I had an encounter with a, of course, black man.

Nobody else gave me shit the entire journey, but of course the ONE TIME I get a black guy checking my passport he's all like:

"Sir, your passport is a quite worn out. If you are going to be travelling more frequently, I would strongly suggest you get a new one, because if this becomes unreadable while travelling to foreign countries you can be kept in said country until the embassy issues you a new one. To save yourself the trouble I'd advise you to request a new one in your home country."

Typical black guy, pissing all over the white man!

What a dick, I hope you gave him a piece of your mind.

I remember when I was flying to Rio De Janeiro. A black guy on the plane was all like "Boa noche! Tudo bem? Voce quiere uma cerveza, talvez?". It was traumatizing.
Quote by Kensai
What a dick, I hope you gave him a piece of your mind.

I remember when I was flying to Rio De Janeiro. A black guy on the plane was all like "Boa noche! Tudo bem? Voce quiere uma cerveza, talvez?". It was traumatizing.

Learn English!
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

Quote by kaptkegan
All the time actually. There are a lot of Jewish people in Berkeley, and many of them stay strictly kosher, all the time. They respect Jewish holidays and traditions.

Can you read? Have any of them suggested kosher LAWS for everybody or just Jews?

Quote by kaptkegan

I guess I have more faith in our political system than you do. Our laws didn't change through influxes of Irish, Chinese, Japanese, or Hispanics. I see no reason why Muslim immigrants are any different than any of those.

That is because every culture you listed does not have a barbaric religion deeply ingrained in their race that they feel they must spread across the globe.

Also, the Chinese, Hispanics, and Japanese tend to adhere to severe integration, such as even changing your name to fit in.

Muslim immigrants don't belong to a nationality, but the hierarchy of Islam. Unfortunately Islam is in a similar state that Christianity was in during the dark ages.
Last edited by garden of grey at Mar 22, 2012,
Quote by garden of grey
Can you read? Have any of them suggested kosher LAWS for everybody or just Jews?

Have Muslims in the US suggested sharia law for everybody? Not to my knowledge. If you show me a news article or something though, I'll read it.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

Page 1 of 2