Hey guys. I am kinda a noob to recording. I want to get a multi effects that I can record directly into my PC. There are so many it is kinda overwhelming. Also would be nice if I could get a bass through it also. Thanks for reading.
Quote by fly135
Most modern multifx have USB for direct recording.

Any specific suggestions?
Do you want the effects in the pedal itself or on a piece of software?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
line6 has usb connectivity, and decent sound.. i don't know the model, but you can use it as an audio interface for guitar too. there's an app called line6 monkey which you can use for effects and recording..

i wouldnt do this if i were you though. get a multi effects unit for its sound, not the usb feature. and an audio interface for the recording bit. what i do is use a simple audio interface and the overloud TH2 application..
Tickle me.
I have an I/O box already with midi and mic jacks. I took a look at GuitarRig but wasnt too sure about it.
Quote by jamstation
line6 has usb connectivity, and decent sound.. i don't know the model, but you can use it as an audio interface for guitar too. there's an app called line6 monkey which you can use for effects and recording..

i wouldnt do this if i were you though. get a multi effects unit for its sound, not the usb feature. and an audio interface for the recording bit. what i do is use a simple audio interface and the overloud TH2 application..

Im going to correct this a bit :P Line6 Monkey is the program to download drivers and updates and Line6 POD Farm is the sound interface.

I have a Line6 Toneport GX with POD Farm and I love it. It takes some tweaking but definitely worth it. I personally dont like GuitarRig much. The Toneport costs around £80-90 now I think. I got it for £50 about 4-5 years ago. Have a look at my YouTube channel for some of the tones I've gotten out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kamikazeespleen
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
What's your budget? Guitar Rig has a demo which is fully functional for half an hour and then you have to reload it - I would for starters download that and start playing to see if your happy with the sound.