Hi guys, I have the Orange Rockerverb 100 mkii head. The tubes are fine atm but just had a thought on what I would do if I had to change them? I have no idea? I dont know anyone and doing it myself is risky. What do you guys do?

Also, is it ok to leave the amp off for long periods of time? Say a month or so? Its just because I may not get to use it for that long due to having to use other gear in another location. I assume its a dumb question and if its off...its not doing anything etc... I know turning it on and off continuously isn't good so I just wondered.

Thanks guys
Quote by TheDuckMajor

/thread

No, not /thread.

It all depends on whether you're replacing the old tubes with the same makes EL34, 6L6, ax7, ax7u etc. You might have to bias your tubes depending on what make the new tubes are.
Quote by conor-figgy
No, not /thread.

It all depends on whether you're replacing the old tubes with the same makes EL34, 6L6, ax7, ax7u etc. You might have to bias your tubes depending on what make the new tubes are.

Ok, well I have no idea how to bias tubes. I would probably be replacing them with the same ones. Would you recommend doing it yourself or not?

Also, any takes on my second question?
With regard to your second question I don't see a problem but I don't know everything about tube amps; far from it actually.

Learning to bias your own tubes is something that I personally think is worth learning. If you're replacing the old tubes with the same type then it's as simple as just popping them in.
Quote by conor-figgy
With regard to your second question I don't see a problem but I don't know everything about tube amps; far from it actually.

Learning to bias your own tubes is something that I personally think is worth learning. If you're replacing the old tubes with the same type then it's as simple as just popping them in.

Ok excellent. Thanks alot. It would be with the same type for now . I do know to use cotton gloves as some tubes dont like the oils that come from our hands.