Hi UG! So I have this guitar made of wood, and it has a wooden neck, and even metal frets! Wow! It comes with strings, a pickup, and even two knobs!

Anyway, I was thinking of switching to Ernie Ball Cobalt Strings (11-58). I was thinking of trying it out. On my old guitar, I had Elixir Strings (9-42) and I LOVED them, but now I have a fender with really old strings (which is lame) which are the stock fender strings (9-42) and I've been getting into metal lately. So, I think I have to adjust my truss rod right? If I'm switching to heavier strings. So, how much do I have to adjust my truss rod? How many quarter turns? Will I have to adjust it?
You'll probably have to adjust. There's no way to know how many quarter turns you'll need - that's like asking how many times you have to turn the tuners to get the strings in tune. You have to measure and then adjust accordingly.
Quote by Roc8995
You'll probably have to adjust. There's no way to know how many quarter turns you'll need - that's like asking how many times you have to turn the tuners to get the strings in tune. You have to measure and then adjust accordingly.

Well, thing is, I don't know how to measure and do this stuff. Could you post how, or link to a tutorial/