Hi im a left handed player and looking for a new guitar. I would like a guitar with a Floyd rose and i have a budget of around £450. and as you probably guessed i live in the UK.
ok i will have a look at some jacksons and are schecters any good?
Last edited by clayrocks at Mar 22, 2012,
Not in the UK. Schectors are overpriced.

What kind of music do you want to play?

I would not just limit yourself to Jacksons. Have a look at Ibanez and LTD, but avoid anything with a Floyd rose for £450.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Dont listenn to the people here we cant tell you what you should get its up to you somethings that we like you might not like

go on musicians friend or guitarcenter website and look at the guitars if you find one thats cool look it up on youtube check out some demos of it to see how it sounds if you like the sound and looks GET IT

Also dont limit yourself to any price I cant tell the difference between the sound of a Classic vibe squier strat and an american strat ANY guitar can sound good through the right amp and player

Jackson guitars are great! Schecter guitars are great! Gibson guitars are great! Fender guitars are great! Etc... its all a matter of PERSONAL PERFERENCE, not GOOD OR BAD. Any guitar YOU like is great guitar
Last edited by agentfancy at Mar 22, 2012,
Quote by agentfancy
Dont listenn to the people here we cant tell you what you should get its up to you somethings that we like you might not like

There is nothing wrong with asking for guidance.

Quote by agentfancy

go on musicians friend or guitarcenter website and look at the guitars if you find one thats cool look it up on youtube check out some demos of it to see how it sounds if you like the sound and looks GET IT

So buying a guitar based of the owner's opinion isn't biased?

Its also not that simple. You can't tell if you're actually going to like a guitar if you can't play it without buying it. At least with UG, you can have an educated guess as to what its like.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 22, 2012,
"There is nothing wrong with asking for guidance." Is there something wrong with asking for biased guidance? I think thats wrong IMO

So buying a guitar based of the owner's opinion isn't biased? What owner im sorry? I said to go to a website and youtube to research guitars and get it if you like what you see and hear. I dont think i was referencing any owner

"Its also not that simple." I agree!

"You can't tell if you're actually going to like a guitar if you can't play it without buying it." I also agree I forgot to say that before..

"At least with UG, you can have an educated guess as to what its like." To what what is like sorry again? You mean a guitar?
Quote by agentfancy
"There is nothing wrong with asking for guidance." Is there something wrong with asking for biased guidance? I think thats wrong IMO

Sure, there may be biased opinions, but at least its better than blindly stabbing in the dark. Some of the people in this forum do actually know what they're talking about. Usually its people who give concise, detailed answers.

Quote by agentfancy
So buying a guitar based of the owner's opinion isn't biased? What owner im sorry? I said to go to a website and youtube to research guitars and get it if you like what you see and hear. I dont think i was referencing any owner

The vast majority of people that put guitar demos up on Youtube or on a website are trying to either advertise the guitar (in layman's terms, BUY THIS GUITAR ITS AMAZING!), which is obviously biased, or private owners that bask in the afterglow of buying a guitar and they all say how awesome it is, which is also biased.

Quote by agentfancy

"At least with UG, you can have an educated guess as to what its like." To what what is like sorry again? You mean a guitar?

yes...
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 22, 2012,
"The vast majority of people that put guitar demos up on Youtube or on a website are trying to either advertise the guitar (in layman's terms, BUY THIS GUITAR ITS AMAZING!), which is obviously biased, or private owners that bask in the afterglow of buying a guitar and they all say how awesome it is, which is also biased".

But I said to go to website see what you like thennnn go to check out demos on youtube Specifically the actual demo/sound partt sorry if i didnt make that clear

"yes..."

you could've said that politelyy i was just making sure.. Im just not sure how a forum can help you have an educated guess on what a guitar is like. What can we do? Describe the guitar? Why do that when I could go to a guitar website and look at pictures of them and see the specs? The feel? I guess the only way would be to play it but we're talking about things you can do on the computer to find a guitar you like. The sound? I would go to youtube and hear it for myself, create my opinion of it, instead of reading other peoples opinions..
Have a look at some lefty ibanez's. The new ones all have the edge zero 2 trem and its very good. Avoid the older Edge 3 equipped models.
Quote by agentfancy

But I said to go to website see what you like thennnn go to check out demos on youtube Specifically the actual demo/sound partt sorry if i didnt make that clear.

My point still stands. People are biased everywhere you look. Not just UG.
Quote by agentfancy

you could've said that politelyy i was just making sure.. Im just not sure how a forum can help you have an educated guess on what a guitar is like. What can we do? Describe the guitar? Why do that when I could go to a guitar website and look at pictures of them and see the specs? The feel? I guess the only way would be to play it but we're talking about things you can do on the computer to find a guitar you like. The sound? I would go to youtube and hear it for myself, create my opinion of it, instead of reading other peoples opinions..

People don't just buy guitars because they look pretty and youtube is a very inaccurate way to hear how a guitar sounds because the way people play directly influences how a guitar sounds. There is also a one in a thousand chance that a guitar they're demoing is being used with exactly the same amplifier as yours, so its very inaccurate from any standpoint. The only real way you can know what a guitar is like before buying one is to try the guitar out for yourself.

At least UGe'rs are somewhat educated and know about guitars, what goes into making them etc. If there was a guide on buying the right guitar for you, UG is likely to be it because people have experience with playing guitars and know the ins and outs of them.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Maybe try the RG350DXL (or whatever it is - the left handed RG350 ). Or if you can afford it/find a used one try get the RG1570ZL as the prestige RG is much, much nicer. But I dunno if you can find one for that price in the UK? *shrug*
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Correct me if im wrong im really sorry if i am, but in the sound part of a demo, are there usually people talking? People making biased opinions? I thought it was just a person playing the guitar and nothing else

Yess youre right i agree youtube is a very inaccurate way to hear how a guitar sounds. But its more accurate than talking about the sound on a forum no? "Try the guitar out for yourself." If clayrocks can get to a music store that would be best no doubt but hes on a computer right now on the internet so i will assume he does not have the means to get to one at the moment so im going to give him advice of everything he can do online to find the right guitar for him. UGers are very experienced totally. But will people actually care what goes into making them? I just care if it sounds good, feels good, and looks good. I doubt UGers can say if it will sound good to clayrocks and look good to clayrocks
Thanks guys i will keep looking around in local music shops and online to see if i find anything that will be good for me.