I've been using the Big Muff and think it's great however I was wondering how much better sounding expensive fuzzboxes like the Zvex Fuzz Factory or the Voodoo Labs Superfuzz would be in comparison?

Would they be more versatile and offer up a larger array of fuzz sounds. Also any recommendations?
I don't know about the Voodo Labs, but the Fuzz Factory is a different animal. You probably could get there with it, but it's a tweeking nightmare.
Quote by 667
but the Fuzz Factory is a different animal. You probably could get there with it, but it's a tweekers dream.

Fix'd

It's a totally different sound. Try them both out.

I recommend you ahve a private builder build your fuzz. There's so many builders out there it's unbelievable. Cheaper too.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I've heard the fuzz factory is a bit insane! I dunno about having one made, isn't it going to be expensive to get someone to actually make one?
Apples and oranges really. Some people like them more, some don't. I prefer the Big Muff to either of the other two, but they're very different.

The Fuzz Factory definitely is the most versatile and can give you a huge amount of fuzz tones.

Try em out, see what you like.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

but the Fuzz Factory is a different animal. You probably could get there with it, but it's a tweekers dream.
Fix'd

Touché!
I have the Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz. It a Muff style, but can get more aggressive. It has better EQ (especially the midrange control). It's similar to the Way Huge Swollen pickle, but with all the controls on the outside (the pickle has an internal trim pot)
I have a JMI Tone Bender. But it was freakin' expensive and JMI are awful to deal with. But the pedal sounds insane.