Hi all, i'm relatively new to the acoustic world, and even newer to the electro acoustic world but it's time to dip my toe in.
I have about £500 to spend on an electro acoustic that I intend to go out and gig with.
I'd like it to be able to play some acoustic sets of rock songs down at open mic nights and so on, so i don't know if this gives you any idea on the kind of tone I'm looking for...
I don't mind going used either, but i'd rather new.
So if you can give me any ideas, and i'm willing to give more details if i've forgotten them.
Thanks
I've used Crafter & Takamine guitars for this sort of thing over the years, and both are excellent quality, with excellent sound & playability. Both should be well within your budget too.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you can find any Faith's in that price range, I'd highly recomend them!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by slashfan226
Thanks for the reply, any particular models to look out for?

My main acoustic is a Crafter JE-18n. It may not be everyone's choice though, as it's a cutaway jumbo style rather than the more standard dreadnought shape.

The best answer is always to go round as many shops as possible and try as many different guitars as possible - even guitars of the same general style can be noticably different in size/shape (possibly less so with dreadnoughts) so you need to make sure you're comfortable with the exact guitar you choose.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Here is 10 of the best greatest acoustic electric guitars under $500 for everyone who are looking for a top acoustic electric guitar under $500.

Note: All price are shown in $US, but do not serious because you can read my ideas for your buying information.

Cordoba C5-CE Acoustic Electric Classical Guitar
Price: $399.99 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Cordoba C5-CE Acoustic/Electric nylon string guitar is the perfect guitar! The finish of C5-CE is beautiful. Solid Cedar top having Mahogany back/sides and soft cutaway. Fishman Isys Plus Pickup. It seems along with sounds wonderful. The particular Fishman on-board tuner is effective too. Contains Cordoba gig case. 25.6 inches scale length, 1.96 inches nut width.

Epiphone PR-4E Acoustic-Electric Guitar Player Pack
Price: $199.00 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
The Epiphone PR-5E has performed stages and studios for many years. Today, its latest sibling, the real PR-4E, comes specifically within this value-packed acoustic/electric player pack. Associated with a Studio-10 acoustic amplifier with balanced in addition to line inputs (with regard to adding a mike) and Chorus, it offers a gig case, strap, cord, tuner, picks and training DVD. All you need to bring you actively playing out stay.

Fender T-BUCKET-300CE Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Price: $188.12 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Jasmine ES33C includes mini jumbos, dreadnoughts, 12-strings, cutaways and acoustic/electrics by having popular body styles. Excellent for beginner/intermediate guitar that has an excellent tone. Only plugged ES33C into an amp once so far also it sounds excellent. Jasmine ES33C is a great value for the affordable price.

Takamine G Series EG340SC Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar, Natural
Price: $342.02 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Takamine EG340SC dreadnought has a solid spruce top for energetic range and a rich harmonic content. Mahogany back and sides increase resonance. High gloss finish offers longevity and long-lasting elegance. Contains the well-known Takamine under saddle pickup and TP4T preamp with 3-band EQ and integrated tuner.

Seagull Entourage Rustic CW QIT Acoustic-Electric Guitar Rustic
Price: $499.00 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
The Seagull Entourage Rustic guitar provides an outstanding worth for guitar players from beginner level to pro level. This guitar perfectly made Canadian-made acoustic-electric guitar features select pressure-tested solid cedar tops, wild cherry back and sides, cream double binding and a rustic burst custom polished finish.

Jasmine by Takamine ES33C Acoustic Guitar Pack
Price: $188.12 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Jasmine ES33C includes mini jumbos, dreadnoughts, 12-strings, cutaways and acoustic/electrics by having popular body styles. Excellent for beginner/intermediate guitar that has an excellent tone. Only plugged ES33C into an amp once so far also it sounds excellent. Jasmine ES33C is a great value for the affordable price.

Luna Oracle Acoustic-Electric Guitar, Crane
Price: $349.00 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Luna’s “Crane”, an addition to the Oracle Series, can take guitar players to new experience of both visual and performing excitement. There are some more items which makes this outstanding from other guitars in the same class, which includes a simple to use built-in tuning meter, being rewired with an amp connection, and the decorative laser etched details

Yamaha APX500 Acoustic Electric Guitar, Oriental Blue Burst
Price: $299.99 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Yamaha APX500 places concentrate on playability magnificent thin profile which fits the body of guitarists. In terms of cosmetics, Yamaha APX500 includes a wonderful mother-of-pearl sound hole ring inlay, white fingerboard binding, white/black body binding, mother-of-pearl APX & Yamaha headstock logos and position markers. Yamaha APX500 is available in 5 wonderful color variations.

Jasmine by Takamine ES31C Acoustic Electric Guitar
Price: $159.95 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
The Takamine ES31C Jasmine Cutaway is the greatest sound in this price! Outstanding high quality make, comfortable along with a wonderful sounding acoustic electric guitar. The ES31C Jasmine is really a high-value Dreadnought which has a Nato body, impressive gloss finish, Spruce top and Rosewood fingerboard.

Ovation Celebrity CC28 Acoustic-electric Guitar, Black
Price: $316.17 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
The center soundhole of Ovation Celebrity CC28 gives a classic appearance, and it is slim neck comes with an electric-style profile; 20 hand-finished nickel-silver fret, and low factory-set action. A cutaway insures quick access for the entire fretboard. The op-4bt preamp gives guitarists with adaptable tone manage in different overall performance setting.

You can see and listen to the guitar sound examples at http://acousticelectricguitarz.com/10-best-acoustic-electric-guitars-under-500/

That's a bunch of good options for you. Hope it helps. Good luck!
Source(s):http://acousticelectricguitarz.com
its just my stupid opinion but i find it hard to see a Luna in anyone's top 10 unless its a " best campfire wood" list.