Page 4 of 1008
Turn off counter indicators, up the difficulty.

And you are supposed to wipe enemies out because you play THE GODDAMN BATMAN
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
The new thread is made DW, why are you not playing The Last Story again?
I'm finally able to actually play it. Am on Chapter 12 atm.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Turn off counter indicators, up the difficulty.

And you are supposed to wipe enemies out because you play THE GODDAMN BATMAN
I set the difficulty up. The enemies just take more hits before they're defeated. But it's the same principle: mash, mash, mash.

Eh. I don't like the idea of pulling off ridiculously difficult combinations with one button.

If the game was more sophisticated than that, and had a better story (at least what I have seen, I didn't play much before I returned the game.) I would like it. VISUALS AREN'T EVERYTHING, PEOPLEZ.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
I set the difficulty up. The enemies just take more hits before they're defeated. But it's the same principle: mash, mash, mash.

Eh. I don't like the idea of pulling off ridiculously difficult combinations with one button.

If the game was more sophisticated than that, and had a better story (at least what I have seen, I didn't play much before I returned the game.) I would like it. VISUALS AREN'T EVERYTHING, PEOPLEZ.

Sounds like you might just not like Batman tbh. Go play Dark Souls instead.

EDIT: Why is it that every time I type Batman it's showing up as an advertising link?

From now on I'm using BatChap because **** the system.
Last edited by GLP_Arclite at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by Kyose
The new thread is made DW, why are you not playing The Last Story again?
I'm finally able to actually play it. Am on Chapter 12 atm.

Because today I am a very very busy man. I am on Chapter 22. Hot damn it is brilliant.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Sounds like you might just not like Batman tbh. Go play Dark Souls instead.
Nope, I love the classic series and movies. I only don't like the game.

I've never heard of Dark Souls though.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
Nope, I love the classic series and movies. I only don't like the game.

I've never heard of Dark Souls though.

Well, if you're looking for a challenging game Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are about as good as you get for that this generation. Demon's is PS3 exclusive and Dark is a multiplatform pseudo-sequel, and they're action RPGs with a huge focus on skill, strategy and patience, and are renowned for being one hell of a challenge. They're mostly just great because they're games which are difficult without resorting to being cheap, lazy or unfair, so if the arkham games annoyed you by only making harder enemies take more hits, something like these two games might be your thing.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Because today I am a very very busy man. I am on Chapter 22. Hot damn it is brilliant.

It's so much like FFIX.
Not that that's a bad thing.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Well, if you're looking for a challenging game Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are about as good as you get for that this generation. Demon's is PS3 exclusive and Dark is a multiplatform pseudo-sequel, and they're action RPGs with a huge focus on skill, strategy and patience, and are renowned for being one hell of a challenge. They're mostly just great because they're games which are difficult without resorting to being cheap, lazy or unfair, so if the arkham games annoyed you by only making harder enemies take more hits, something like these two games might be your thing.
Sounds good. I'll check it out when I can.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Kyose
It's so much like FFIX.
Not that that's a bad thing.

Yeaaahhhhh. And dat soundtrack. Dem graphics.

Solid voice acting too. Dagran is bossssss
Quote by Ichikurosaki
So.... Anyone here into the whole eSports scene? Namely MLG?

Thought I'd just help spread the word about the next tournament which starts at 5pm on Friday 23rd EST. Pretty cool to watch these teams play at such a competitive level, and there is commentary which is pretty interesting to listen to.

You can watch the stream from the MLG website (majorleaguegaming.com).

Dunno if this counts as spam or not. The Halo scene is struggling to stay alive and MLG will probably drop it if it doesn't do well at this coming tournament. So watch the Halo stream you greaseballs! (Or just keep it open while you watch SC2, kk?)

Probably more on topic; thoughts on eSports and professional gaming? Would you like to see competitive gaming become more popular i.e. broadcasting on tv etc.?
Quote by super_strat

Thought I'd just help spread the word about the next tournament which starts at 5pm on Friday 23rd EST. Pretty cool to watch these teams play at such a competitive level, and there is commentary which is pretty interesting to listen to.

Dunno if this counts as spam or not. The Halo scene is struggling to stay alive and MLG will probably drop it if it doesn't do well at this coming tournament. So watch the Halo stream you greaseballs! (Or just keep it open while you watch SC2, kk?)

Probably more on topic; thoughts on eSports and professional gaming? Would you like to see competitive gaming become more popular i.e. broadcasting on tv etc.?

I love me some Starcraft, but I tend to play more than I watch these days. Wouldn't watch Halo though, shooters at a pro level just don't seem all that interesting to me.

I'd love to see Starcraft on my TV, pretty sure I watch more SC vids than actual TV anyway.
Quote by super_strat

I'd love to see KoF make it big, but because of how late they announced it, not that many top players could register and the line up is pretty small. I'll be surprised if it sticks around.
Quote by super_strat

I wouldn't mind if it became a big thing, but I also wouldn't watch it. I can only really watch people play any game through the sorts of a Let's Play (and I really only watch 3 or 4 people's). I'm more of a "play competitively, but only with friends" in stuff like MLB or NHL games, or flat out single player only. If I am online, I just relax and *try* to enjoy the game I'm playing
Quote by Demon Wolf
Yeaaahhhhh. And dat soundtrack. Dem graphics.

Solid voice acting too. Dagran is bossssss

Keep an eye on the post!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by super_strat

I don't see a problem with it, i mean, darts is shown on TV, that's just a game right? as is any sport, but i use darts as an example because its more gamey than sporty if you get my meaning

would i watch it? sure, if i played the game in question or gave a damn about it, same as any other sport
Thanks Carpi

Quote by super_strat

Not into it at all, can't see the attraction. But I understand that some do, objectively it is a sport in the same way chess is, for example.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
Thanks Carpi

Not into it at all, can't see the attraction. But I understand that some do, objectively it is a sport in the same way chess is, for example.

I agree with you on the eSports thing, I can appreciate why some enjoy it, but it's not my idea of a good time, I'd rather play the games myself.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Relevant:

And DW - don't know if you saw my other post, but if you've got a second could you add my PSN ID to the list?

abunai_J

Thanks
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Hrm, might actually watch MLG Columbus tonight, probs not doing anything else and I've not watched anything live for a while.

Quote by Demon Wolf
Thanks Carpi

It's far more of a sport than chess is, there's actual physical skill involved.

The only reason eSports is relatively unknown is because it's new and extremely complicated compared to most established sports. One of things which makes SC popular as a spectator sport is that even if you don't know the specific rules and builds for all the races it's easy to understand the flow of a game and appreciate truly awesome plays, plus there are some great commentators.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Hrm, might actually watch MLG Columbus tonight, probs not doing anything else and I've not watched anything live for a while.

It's far more of a sport than chess is, there's actual physical skill involved.

The only reason eSports is relatively unknown is because it's new and extremely complicated compared to most established sports. One of things which makes SC popular as a spectator sport is that even if you don't know the specific rules and builds for all the races it's easy to understand the flow of a game and appreciate truly awesome plays, plus there are some great commentators.

In that case Cheese Rolling is far more of a sport than eSports will ever be.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
In that case Cheese Rolling is far more of a sport than eSports will ever be.

Not sure if trolling or I'm just missing your point.
Quote by super_strat

It's an interesting concept until I remember that watching other people play games is usually boring.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Not sure if trolling or I'm just missing your point.

The "physical skill" bit.

As far as I'm concerned that's got nothing to do with how much something is a "sport". Is Rugby more of a sport than Cricket because there's more physical skill involved?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Ichikurosaki
carpi is clearly too old to understand

Possibly, and back in his day cheese rolling was probably the only game around.

Quote by metacarpi
The "physical skill" bit.

As far as I'm concerned that's got nothing to do with how much something is a "sport". Is Rugby more of a sport than Cricket because there's more physical skill involved?

I wasn't referencing the quantity as a qualifying factor, just saying that most popular sports revolve around physical skill as much strategy and most games played as Esports take exactly the same kind of approach, just running on a computer.
Last edited by GLP_Arclite at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Possibly, and back in his day cheese rolling was probably the only game around.

I'm doing it this year.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
It's an interesting concept until I remember that watching other people play games is usually boring.
I don't see how that would be different from watching a sport, unless of course you're referring to more casual games.

You're essentially there to barrack your favourite teams, watch the players that are best at what they do go head to head and pull off amazing plays.

To me, a close game of Halo with my favourite team is just as exciting as watching Nadal and Djokovic battle it out in tennis.
Last edited by super_strat at Mar 23, 2012,
Me3 Sg?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

i've had a long running "tradition" of never finishing a Zelda game (with exception of Majora's Mask) i usually get up to the final boss battle (or some other boss battle) and get stuck and quit. (with OoT, i always quit at the water temple)

so, it's happened again with Skyward Sword. i got stuck on Ghirahim, looked up how to beat it, know how the game ends... should i even bother? kinda wanted to sell it so i could buy ME 3
What's your guys' opinion on DCUO? Disregard console or PC version, unless there's some massive difference.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by SG_dave
Sure, let me fire her up.

Sweet, just buying a few packs.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by StillSublime
What's your guys' opinion on DCUO? Disregard console or PC version, unless there's some massive difference.

PC version is free on Steam now, not sure about the console version. That would persuade me to go PC, that and playing an MMORPG on console must be bloody awful.
Quote by super_strat
I don't see how that would be different from watching a sport, unless of course you're referring to more casual games.

You're essentially there to barrack your favourite teams, watch the the players that are best at what they do go head to head and pull off amazing plays.

To me, a close game of Halo with my favourite team is just as exciting as watching Nadal and Djokovic battle it out in tennis.

Maybe it's because I don't really play games competitively (except FIFA, FIFA is serious business). For me it's more about having fun, exploring some interesting world, kicking the fuck out of some demons or something, that sort of thing. Also, at no point while I'm watching a real world sport do I think to myself "I could do that". That also makes it more interesting.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
i've had a long running "tradition" of never finishing a Zelda game (with exception of Majora's Mask) i usually get up to the final boss battle (or some other boss battle) and get stuck and quit. (with OoT, i always quit at the water temple)

so, it's happened again with Skyward Sword. i got stuck on Ghirahim, looked up how to beat it, know how the game ends... should i even bother? kinda wanted to sell it so i could buy ME 3

Really? I don't remember any Zelda game having a final boss which was significantly more difficult than the rest of the game.
Quote by JackalUK
PC version is free on Steam now, not sure about the console version. That would persuade me to go PC, that and playing an MMORPG on console must be bloody awful.

Actually no, I play it on console for free, I'm a level 30 already, it runs perfectly ok. The login queue if you aren't a Legendary member is ridiculous, though, occasionally. I love that game. It's all I play lately other than Battlefield.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by SG_dave
Got the special veteran pack yesterday that was on offer. Got two shotguns. I don't even use shotguns

Though I did get a Turian Soldier. May have to try him out in a bit.

Bought a Spectre pack.

Full of shit apart from a female Soldier (+12500 exp), and a Sniper rifle.

Quote by GLP_Arclite