Does anyone know an application that just plays single notes and you have to name them?
Preferably customizable which notes should chosen.

For everyone who knows the Functional Ear Trainer 1, I'm looking exactly for this kind of stuff.
The problem is, that I switched to Mac.

Any hints?

Thanks
You mean like a perfect pitch training type thing?

Idk if that's possible... you should work on your relative pitch it's better anyway. I have PP and relative is much more useful for soloing, composing, etc. PP is good when i hear something in my head, but relative could do the same thing, so long as you carry one of those little machines that plays a C or an A or whatever.
Music is intervals, the single notes don't matter as much.
there's a program called auralia which is a branch of sibelius that is an ear training program
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Macgamut! I know a lot of Canadian universities use it (like mine) and there's a ton of exercises you can do with it. Rhythmic dictations, melodic dictations, harmonic dictations, interval naming and even more. It's a great program the only thing is that the midi sounds are dreadful.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
try musictheory.net
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by rolandgunner
Does anyone know an application that just plays single notes and you have to name them?
Preferably customizable which notes should chosen.

For everyone who knows the Functional Ear Trainer 1, I'm looking exactly for this kind of stuff.

The Functional Ear Trainer from Miles.BE, which asks you to identify notes relative to a key center, works just fine on my mac.