I posted an unfinished version of this track earlier, but I wasn't really happy with it and, like I said, it was unfinished, so I deleted the thread. This is the final version of that track: was supposed to be an old school slammy kind of song, inspired by the likes of Suffocation, Dying Fetus and other NYDM acts, but it happened to be alot more riff salady than expected, and that's why where I think Benighted had their influence. C4C is applied here, as always, hope you enjoy.
Attachments:
notsooldschoolslamnewmixGPX.gpx
notsooldschoolslamnewmixGP5.gp5
notsooldschoolslamnewmixMIDI.mid
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Well this is broooootal.

Pretty damn solid for the style, obviously you weren't going for something unique at all, this is total old school NYDM, I totally see a lot of Suffocation in there, a bit of Cannibal Corpse, but I don't know benighted so I can't tell you for that one.

Hard to critique this since well, for what it is it fits the style, it sounds good, makes me want to headbang and wreck shit, good transitions throughout, a lot of riffing, and I can imagine it would sound heavy as hell through a good guitar rig.

Not a big fan of the octaves like at 34, but I do like the idea of the riff, switching from that to full on tremolo picking.

Not a huge fan of the chords at 47 either, but I love the transition with the slides right afterwards, sounds awesome.

I think this song could benefit from a bit less of copy paste and a bit more variations within the same riffs, know what I mean? Don't get me wrong it works as is but it could be stellar with little twists throughout to make it keep your attention and make it worth listening to again, as in, something that makes it stand out a bit from any other song in this genre.

And I didn't much like the solo for the most part, it sounds very off key type of Suffocation solo though, so it fits exactly what you were going for, but I don't like suffo's solos either.

That being said, I think the end of your solo, the part with the ring out chord, sounds great, and I think the middle atmospheric part of the solo, with the octaves, sounds real good too.

Nice solid NYDM song, but nothing new.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526438