I had a different thread about choosing amps, but i wasn't really clear on what i needed out of it and what i wanted to use it for. This will be my first amp. I'm mostly going to be using it for practicing, in my bedroom, or in the living room and what not. I'm also going to be using it just to perform small songs or whatever in front of my family and friends in the house, not some loud crankin jam session in the garage. It needs to sound good at low volumes, and have a decent amount of effects and sounds. I don't need it to be super loud, but it would be nice for it to be able to get somewhat loud. I don't need the best amp ever, just somthing to last me a year or 2. I was thinking about the fender mustang 1. It is a little pricey for me, but i know you get what you pay for usually, But maybe there is somthing cheaper that i could get for my needs.
Quote by Thundershock47
I had a different thread about choosing amps, but i wasn't really clear on what i needed out of it and what i wanted to use it for. This will be my first amp. I'm mostly going to be using it for practicing, in my bedroom, or in the living room and what not. I'm also going to be using it just to perform small songs or whatever in front of my family and friends in the house, not some loud crankin jam session in the garage. It needs to sound good at low volumes, and have a decent amount of effects and sounds. I don't need it to be super loud, but it would be nice for it to be able to get somewhat loud. I don't need the best amp ever, just somthing to last me a year or 2. I was thinking about the fender mustang 1. It is a little pricey for me, but i know you get what you pay for usually, But maybe there is somthing cheaper that i could get for my needs.

You're not going to get much better for $100 than the Mustang.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Traynor DynaGain 10 (or Traynor DG-10)
or Peavey Vypyr 15.
Also I believe (not sure) that this belongs in the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" section.
Quote by dragonkidkoga

Also I believe (not sure) that this belongs in the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" section.

Meh, I wouldn't worry about it. They'd just recommend a whole bunch of $300 5w tube amps. Their answer to everything but gigging amps. And straps
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi