hello
I need an honest opinion, what do you think of this tone of this guitar? for lead guitar I'm trying to use a tone of 80's hard rock genre, like Dokken, Ratt ...
I am using an ibanez grg, pedals are: Marshall guvnror, boss chorus ce-5, and Boss DD6 delay, a Marshal Valvestate vs 100 as amp
I am not satisfied with this tone can give me some tips, with the material I have

http://soundcloud.com/chico-estriven-xavana-una/timbre-128
Your tone is accually pretty great.You arre not going to want to use the same tone for rhythm though.If you intend on recording multiple guitar tracks you should explore and experiment with sound.Something that may not work on it's own may fit great in a mix.

The tone in the recording is crisp and clear,which is great for lead.I don't know a lot of guitarists who use just one tone though.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Of course as rhythm guitar will not use these effects, just use the distortion on my marshall
Yes but this is the tone that I use as lead guitar and solos, but they wanted to look more like the sound of George Lynch / Randy Rhoads / warren de martini.
I wanted a sound like using the material I have described it above, without having to spend more money. I accept more suggestions on how to adjust the pedals more
Add more treble and gain and cut out the mids but I hate that sound.What you got is way better.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I think your original tone had a lot more character to it.That should stay as your lead sound.Listen to other peoples stuff here.You will find the best and worst tones but it really just comes down to what you like.
Quote by lol2theworld
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
This tone isn't telling me anything. Try playing one note and try making it sound like an emotion. Then try 2 notes, then 3, and so on.

Right now I just hear a guitar making sound. When B.B. King plays a note, it cries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ny5ajCn0xw

Listen to the "pa-pa-pa-pa-pammmmmm" in the very beginning.

Do you know what I mean?

That little phrase just made a room cheer. Just think about that.
Last edited by Lateralus32 at Mar 24, 2012,