JP6 Setup Questions

Hi all. New member here with a few questions. I have a 5-string Bongo Bass but this is my first EBMM guitar. I just bought a 2003 red burst JP6 basic model that looks brand new-like it never saw daylight. I do my own setups and get compliments-and I would complement whoever did the set-up on this JP. It is just about perfect but just in case I decide to mess with it, I need to know few things.

The pickup (original custom DiMarzios) heights appear to be a little lower than I usually do. They seem to be screwed down tight to the bottom of the route. They sound good -so don’t screw around with p/u height adjustments? Or is there another adjustment that I’m missing?

I got the saddle adjustments covered but before I start cranking down on the trem pivot posts, are they height-adjustable like the posts my Floyd?

I think this trem is going to get blocked and set up for dive only. Looking though the holes in the trem cavity cover, there are three springs. Along with the block, I think I’ll add one or two more springs. I have a whole new set of Fender Stratocaster springs. Can I use these? – Or should I order springs from MM?

Not a setup question:

It came with a wiring diagram. The pots are not push-pull, the selector switch is a simple 3-way - and in the mid position, only provides one single coil from each pickup. The mid setting gives that nice, spooky strat tone but does anyone think it might be worth doing a mod to tap all four coils (while keeping the original s/s setting available) or provide the other H/S combinations?

Thanks for any help!
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
i believe in regards to the pickup height, they might have made them non-adjustable and just hard mounted them in there
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
If its perfect leave it as is? Other wise it's the same as any guitar to set up although the truss is accessible without removing anything.

The trem on these is the best trem out there, why block it? It's a piece of piss to adjust and restring.

The pups are adjustable iirc and they are done same as any other pickup.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Doh! I meant to post this on the EBMM forum, for which I am an even newer member!
I swear I wasn't stoned but I did wonder where that post went!

Anyway, Thanks for the replies!
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B