https://www.facebook.com/GoForthBand

So my friend just showed me these guys. They're from Auburn, NY which is about 40 mins from me. I gotta say, I really like what I'm hearing. They do the whole "melodic hardcore" thing right. Not like Liferuiner, Heart in Hand, or Hundredth.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by technicolour
^ I like the cut of your jib. However, I did listen; sounds like Misery Signals.

Eh, a tiny bit.

Quote by InstantAXonHero
Didn't even listen.

Of course.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Not bad. Doesn't really sound like Misery Signals.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Not bad. Doesn't really sound like Misery Signals.

Yeah, MS honestly has their own sound. It just cannot be copied.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Despite many, many attempts to do so.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Despite many, many attempts to do so.

They wind up sounding like FTFD.

Quote by technicolour

Stop acting like you know anything about this style.

I can tell you exactly what makes them different and stand out.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by punkforlife93
That band sounds an awful lot like Misery Signals.

Srsly

FTFD? Are you high?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows

I can tell you exactly what makes them different and stand out.

go for it
The drumming: Branden Morgan has a very distinct style of play. Honestly, one of the best, if not THE best drummer in modern metalcore. He's been playing since he was 7 and has one many many many awards for it. The technicality he displays is amazing. He also REFUSES to use triggers. Every album they've put out have had his ACTUAL performances.

The guitar work: What can I say, it's just incredibly creative and unique. No other band like them is able to combine technicality, melody, dissonance, etc. all in one. They also don't abuse breakdowns, and when they do have breakdowns, they're really cleverly done and rarely in 4/4 time signature.

Honestly, if you can't tell the difference, you either have a hearing problem or haven't listened hard enough.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
I can hear the difference in very particular aesthetic differences, but I don't think they're unique in any fundamental sense.
In short you called Counterparts melodic hardcore (I've now confirmed to myself that you don't know what melodic hardcore is)... soooooooo not gonna listen.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by synestershadows
The drumming: Branden Morgan has a very distinct style of play. Honestly, one of the best, if not THE best drummer in modern metalcore. He's been playing since he was 7 and has one many many many awards for it. The technicality he displays is amazing. He also REFUSES to use triggers. Every album they've put out have had his ACTUAL performances.

The guitar work: What can I say, it's just incredibly creative and unique. No other band like them is able to combine technicality, melody, dissonance, etc. all in one. They also don't abuse breakdowns, and when they do have breakdowns, they're really cleverly done and rarely in 4/4 time signature.

Honestly, if you can't tell the difference, you either have a hearing problem or haven't listened hard enough.

Lyke OMG NO WAY!?!
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
In short you called Counterparts melodic hardcore (I've now confirmed to myself that you don't know what melodic hardcore is)... soooooooo not gonna listen.

New Counterparts is VERY melodic hardcore. Did you listen to their new album? It sounds like a mix of Saints Never Surrender and The Carrier. And no, I did not call them melodic hardcore, I had it in quotes.

Quote by lookpizza
Lyke OMG NO WAY!?!

Every other band trying to be them uses programmed or completely triggered Steve Slate drums and it's annoying. And I know you're one of those "OMG BREAKDOWNZ? NO WAY!" guys, but I think MS uses them so well.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Wow. Band sounds a lot like Mis Sigs to me. Not bad, but stuff like this seems to get really repetitive for me.
Maybe it's because this is my favorite style of music, but the differences are so obvious to me it's stupid to think otherwise.

Quote by Kyle<3
Haha, they're playing here on Sunday.

Yeah, my friend just brought it up. He's finding people to go with him since he's friends with some of the other bands there.

EDIT: Ew, In Alcatraz 1962 is playing.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
this band doesn't sound like Mis Sigs at all. And not gunna throw in my two cents on which they sound like, cus it doesn't matter...

They sound fairly decent but there's nothing particularly interesting going on. I don't really dig this whole wave of "melodic hardcore" bands - they all sound good and I much prefer it to all the other xcore waves that have come and gone over the past ten years - but all these new bands sound pretty much the same and aren't coming out with anything original.
Quote by thebeamish
this band doesn't sound like Mis Sigs at all. And not gunna throw in my two cents on which they sound like, cus it doesn't matter...

They sound fairly decent but there's nothing particularly interesting going on. I don't really dig this whole wave of "melodic hardcore" bands - they all sound good and I much prefer it to all the other xcore waves that have come and gone over the past ten years - but all these new bands sound pretty much the same and aren't coming out with anything original.

- Your two cents.
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
Quote by datskramzkid
- Your two cents.

Quote by thebeamish

What I meant by that was that I think there is no point arguing over whether or not a certain band is a "rip off" of X or Y. This is the Go Forth thread not the Mis Sigs thread. I think Go Forth don't sound at all like Mis Sigs, and that's not because I love/hate Mis Sigs or feel any need to defend either band. Every other thread in here turns into an argument like this...
I like there style, i hope to actually see them play around if they come to jersey sometime, i actually thin my band had a show with them once?
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.