I rented a Traynor Custom Special 50 tube combo amp a few weeks ago. When I play even somewhat loudly, especially with the bass cranked up, the amp makes a loud buzzing/rattle noise. I've tried lifting the amp off the ground in different ways, so it isn't caused by the amp vibrating against the floor. So why does the amp buzz?

I think it has to do with the tubes. Can this amp just not handle that amount of bass? Or has it been rented and used/abused from my guitar shop so much that the amp is damaged and/or need repairs. Otherwise, it's a decent amp.
do you have spring reverb?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I had that problem with my Carvin. Your tubes need to be replaced. Take it to a tech and have the re tube and bias it.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
do you have spring reverb?

I have no idea what that is. But it does the same thing whether I have reverb on or off on the amp.
Quote by Barricade_28
I rented a Traynor Custom Special 50 tube combo amp a few weeks ago. When I play even somewhat loudly, especially with the bass cranked up, the amp makes a loud buzzing/rattle noise. I've tried lifting the amp off the ground in different ways, so it isn't caused by the amp vibrating against the floor. So why does the amp buzz?

I think it has to do with the tubes. Can this amp just not handle that amount of bass? Or has it been rented and used/abused from my guitar shop so much that the amp is damaged and/or need repairs. Otherwise, it's a decent amp.

Maybe call who you rented it from and ask them if this is normal?

A Traynor with a 12" Celestion Vintage 30 in it really shouldn't buzz and rattle.

Edit: Just to clarify, the amp does have a spring reverb in it, and still if that is causing problems then check with who you rented it from.
If I miss one day of practice, I notice it.
If I miss two days, the critics notice it.
If I miss three days, the audience notices it.

Ingacy Jan Paderewski (1860 - 1941)
Last edited by Quintex at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by Quintex
Maybe call who you rented it from and ask them if this is normal?

A Traynor with a 12" Celestion Vintage 30 in it really shouldn't buzz and rattle.

Edit: Just to clarify, the amp does have a spring reverb in it, and still if that is causing problems then check with who you rented it from.

the vibration from the bass could make the reverb tank unhappy and cause a lot of noise with the volume up.

i had an issue with the spring reverb on the trace, swapped over a bunch of perfectly functioning tubes from another amp and tested, same thing happened.

there was one time the amp was on and i moved it, and i heard all of this rattle and noise. the little bump on sitting it down made the reverb tank noisy. i threw some thinis h felt washers under the mounts, and screwed it in and it was perfect.

obviously don't do this to a rented amp, but it could be a possibility.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/