i pretty much got rid all of my delays on my board, and am wanting to move to rackmount units for that part of my sound. is there something i could read to learn all about racks?

and no, i don't want an axefx. i'm interersted in mostly delay and modulation styled racks.
What you want is an effects processor, and not a preamp?

There are many. TC Electronics G major 2 is a great unit. A cheaper way to go would be to grab an old Alesis Quadraverb off the used market.

Any specific info you're looking for? Basically you just plug the module into your FX loop and go. You have to spend some time programming it, and you'll need some form of midi controller to change presets, etc.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
What you want is an effects processor, and not a preamp?

There are many. TC Electronics G major 2 is a great unit. A cheaper way to go would be to grab an old Alesis Quadraverb off the used market.

Any specific info you're looking for? Basically you just plug the module into your FX loop and go. You have to spend some time programming it, and you'll need some form of midi controller to change presets, etc.

+1
For the price you can score a Quadraverb for these days it's a hard one to turn down. I adore mine. Some of the nicest reverbs and chorus out there still and the delay is pretty schmick too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification