4 + some of another
3 1%
1 0%
more than 5
6 3%
Voters: 207.
Page 1 of 3
a couple of clarifications
"some of another" means you perhaps know enough of that language to get by in a country that speaks it language-wise for a little while, but that you are by no means fluent. Knowing how to say hello and a few verbs does not count.

For the purpose of the poll we will talking about spoken languages.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door

English obviously and I speak a decent amount of German.
Check out my band Disturbed
English is my native language, and I am currently working pretty hard to develop my Spanish conversational abilities. I can pretty much hold a conversation with a Spanish speaker if they are talking clearly and at a reasonable pace.

So... 1 and a half I guess

EDIT - lol @ "0 to 1" as a poll option.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
1 and another.

Obviously I know English, and I know every cuss word in Russian, which I figure is all I'd really need if I went to Russia.

I know some random Spanish, enough to pick out a few words. That, combined with my Russian skills equals "some of another" to me.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
i know so much angrish that i actuary know 1.1 languanges ...wtf why is actuary not misspelled? is actuary a word?
I only speak English. I know some Spanish and I've taken up Swedish. I actually have a chance at Swedish.
4 and some of others.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i know so much angrish that i actuary know 1.1 languanges ...wtf why is actuary not misspelled? is actuary a word?

congrats, you are definitely 0 to 1.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
English and enough Spanish to get by.
And Latin if it counts. I could get around the Vatican pretty damn well.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

ac·tu·ar·y
   [ak-choo-er-ee]
noun, plural -ar·ies.
1. Insurance . a person who computes premium rates, dividends, risks, etc., according to probabilities based on statistical records.
2. (formerly) a registrar or clerk.

jidasofajisdjfdasfjlasjdfdhkjadhshf

I know zero, so I ran this through google translate.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Well....
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
I'd say 1.8

I know English obviously, and am almost fluent in Spanish.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
English and French, but I understand Italian fluently.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Fluent in Norwegian and English, decent in German, and I know SOME (let's underline SOME) Japanese.

/Weeaboo *Single tear*
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
English and Hebrew and a bit of Arabic. Enough to hold and really small conversation but nothing more.
I had a teacher who could speak 12 languages fluently and I currently have another who can cuss in 15+ languages
English.. obviously. I can understand just about everything in Spanish but need to work quite a bit on actually speaking it.

Want to learn Japanese, German, and Polish. Maybe Portuguese and French as well.
I have a huge fear if rays.
French is my native language, then english and a little bit of spanish
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

I know english and can read Spanish fairly decently. I can't keep up when someone is speaking it nor do I trust myself to come up with phrases to speak in a reasonable amount of time.

1 + 2 some of another.

English. And can speak/read French and Spanish slowly.

Now that I think of it... it is amazing how much English I know/learned. I mean I was raised to be English speaking... but its incredible how we learn such things.
Quote by beefcake122
I speak American.

+1000

I was going to put this, but I wasn't sure if anyone here realized it's a language in itself. While I'm at it, switch my 'Spanish' knowledge to 'Mexican'. That's a separate language as well.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Spanish is my native language, there is English, and I know a bit of French.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
English and a decent amount of spanish. I would love to learn some languages though. Mostly Polish and Russian.
aMURican

And mandarin chinese too. None of that inferior cantonese crap.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
English, Spanish, and a few semesters' worth of German which I'm in the process of rapidly forgetting.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Xiaoxi
aMURican

Spoken like a true Americanese person.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
I can only hold a conversation in English, but I know some Spanish, German, and Japanese (I just can't read kanji).
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
I know English, Assamese [mother tongue, but it counts], and Hindi. I'm also teaching myself Japanese. Also, the Kansai dialect fascinates me, for some reason.

I was learning French, but I stopped because I don't like frogs' legs. Also, the language sounded pretentious as fuck. If I do pick up another European language, maybe I'll learn something manly like German. Or something from the Scandinavian region perhaps.

I also want to learn Korean, so I can sing along to Girls' Generation. Apparently, it's not too difficult a language.

Dunno if I want to learn Mandarin or Cantonese [haha, remember Wayne's World?]; too many hanzi, bro.
English and a considerable amount of French, though far from fluent.

Quote by hriday_hazarika

I was learning French, but I stopped because I don't like frogs' legs. Also, the language sounded pretentious as fuck. If I do pick up another European language, maybe I'll learn something manly like German. Or something from the Scandinavian region perhaps.

Dunno if I want to learn Mandarin or Cantonese [haha, remember Wayne's World?]; too many hanzi, bro.

My roommates are taking German. First semester they loved it. Now they hate it with their entire existence and can't wait to be out of it.

Also, I remember that from Wayne's World. Funny stuff I've always loved Mike Myers.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Mar 23, 2012,
I selected 3 plus enough to get by in another, but just realised I forgot to include English, so it's 4 really... d'oh

English is my native language but from a young age I was raised speaking Finnish too. I learnt French at school and am passable in it and I studied German at university. The "and enough to get by" really refers to the tiny bits of Swedish, Spanish and Japanese I have picked up when learning-then-abandoning languages.
Also: Am I the only one who get's kind of grumpy when people say that they can speak "American"?

I had NO IDEA that Americans had their own language. All these years I thought they spoke English..... Oh well!
American probably sounds something like "Durr da durr yrrr cheese burger durr... Mitt Romney grrrr.. Nascar"

/Blantantly sterotypical douché
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by Fishybones
Also: Am I the only one who get's kind of grumpy when people say that they can speak "American"?

So lets hear some German and Japanese, Mr. 4 languages.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Fishybones

I had NO IDEA that Americans had their own language. All these years I thought they spoke English..... Oh well!
American probably sounds something like "Durr da durr yrrr cheese burger durr... Mitt Romney grrrr.. Nascar"

/Blantantly sterotypical douché

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
english, french, japanese, and despite me not listing it, spanish.

i hate spanish.
Quote by Xiaoxi
aMURican

ROFL

:rofl:
Quote by Fishybones

Yes, I speak American.

If someone's having a seizure, I'd say she's having a seizure, not "having a fit."

If someone's being arrested, I'd say he's being charged for violating the law, not "landed himself in bother."

When English people stop talking like children, maybe then I'll consider associating with their language.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 3