I was shopping around for a new laptop and I stumbled on this awesome deal:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+14%22+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Silver/4707137.p?id=1218512739912&skuId=4707137&st=4707137&cp=1&lp=1

I was wondering if it would allow me to record 4+ tracks simultaneously no problem. The computer I've been using is pretty old and I found it difficult to record more than 4 tracks at a time. Also, latency has been an issue for me so I was wondering if this laptop could lessen the latency down to maybe 2ms or less.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
As long as you are using ASIO4ALL and you have a multi input interface, you got nothing to worry about.
6 gigs of ram will definitely suffice for your needs for the most part
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Of course! Hell, I was recording 4+ simultaneous tracks in 2002 on a 1.8ghz Athlon XP with 256mb of RAM.

The biggest downside is that the hard drive is almost certainly 5400rpm, which is very slow. Basically, expect everything to take a little longer, especially loading songs and programs.
Cool very cool. What about latency though? My current computer has a latency of about 11 ms iirc and I was wondering if this laptop could bring it down to where it's barely noticeable. I mean, what affects latency the most?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by EncoreBlade
Cool very cool. What about latency though? My current computer has a latency of about 11 ms iirc and I was wondering if this laptop could bring it down to where it's barely noticeable. I mean, what affects latency the most?

How old is your current PC?

With a 3.2ghz Phenom quad-core and a crappy £12 interface, my latency is 3-5ms, essentially imperceptible.
I'm not a real computer expert so I don't know much. My old PC is from 2005 I think with 1 gb of RAM and a 3800+ AMD Athlon 64 processor. I'm hoping this new computer will make recording much easier and more efficient.
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8