Hey guys

I currently own two guitars: a beginner guitar (in pic) and a schecter damien FR.

I would really like to buy an ibanez guitar because I love that brand so much, and I'm wondering which model is great for playing metal songs.
I recommend on getting an 80's Japan model. They made some kickass guitars.

Korea sucks.

Love my destroyer, and I liked my RG too. Wizard > Wizard II
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Sorry for double post..

How do you guys feel about these guitars?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG3EXFM1-Electric-Guitar-104831698-i1415164.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG350MDX-Electric-Guitar-518871-i1902909.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG5EX1-Electric-Guitar-103574026-i1167870.gc

If you all don't mind giving me some short opinions on how you feel about those 3 I'd appreciate it.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the first and third ones. My god that first one is just pretty lol.

Thanks
Last edited by technical death at Mar 23, 2012,
Seriously dude, get a used RG550; they're everywhere on Ebay. They're so nice and insanely cheap.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I have the RG5EX1. Got it as a practice guitar I could play and drag around with me to friends places and not worry too much if it got a bit tore up. I like it a lot, resembles my 'play' guitars as much as possible. For the features, it's about the best investment. With the RG3 you're paying a bit for the flamed maple top, so you're losing a feature by not having a middle single coil PUP. Of course, some prefer that cuz the lack of a middle PUP gives you room to pick/strum. But you also give up the trem. Some would say good, some prefer them though. I prefer them, I don't find them hard to tune at all. The only drawback I see to the trem is the longer time it takes to change tunings. Overall I prefer a more versatile guitar, so I went with the RG5.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Mar 23, 2012,
I did look on ebay and they're quite expensive ($400+). My friend bought a used bass from ebay and the description had said it was in good condition but he had to take it to a shop to get the neck fixed. I would rather avoid that :S

Or I might as well save up for a bit >< and buy a nicer guitar haha
I don't like basswood..............

Get an S series!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Avoid any of the cheaper ART series especially the ART90/100/120. They suck, ive played 6 of them and they all shared the same problem of having HORRIBLE fretwork. 5 of the 6 were brand new straight from the factory.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Avoid any of the cheaper ART series especially the ART90/100/120. They suck, ive played 6 of them and they all shared the same problem of having HORRIBLE fretwork. 5 of the 6 were brand new straight from the factory.

This is why you should buy an ARZ307. You won't regret it. They're a little expensive though.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I have both the first, and the third guitars. Great, great, great guitars.