Hmmm, couldn't find a thread on this, so here goes...

Posted this up the other day on a different forum.

Well, it appears there will be a Tubemeister36 debuted/released at Musikmesse to compliment the Tubemeister18 & Tubemeister5 already out.

Initial specs:

3 channels + boost
36, 18, 5 & 1 watt settings
Redbox
MIDI
Reverb
Separate EQ for each channel
799€ (not sure what it'll be stateside)

Don't know about you kids, but I'm interested in getting in line for one!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAAUfUPv-NI

And if you happen to speak German, the official Hughes & Kettner video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16dZ6jSx6Ug
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
And then what do we get today? The release!

Houston, the Eagle has landed!

Official page: http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php5?id=148&prod=TubeMeister%2036%20Head
Channels: 3 Channels
Power: 36 Watts
Reverb: Switchable Reverb
Effects: Loop Switchable Serial FX Loop
MIDI: Yes
Tubes: 3x 12AX7, 4x EL84
Dimensions: 171 x 446 x 152 mm
Weight: 7,7 kg

Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
The MIDI interface seems like more than I'd need -- but after watching this video I can see using some pedal that looks like it'd suit my needs very specifically...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wac7TVTjtK4
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Well, obviously based on the 18W Marshall - but three channels and MIDI??

Burn it, it's witchcraft!!!

I'm sure it's a little pisser.

The MIDi is just channel switching and reverb/loop? Reverb/FX on and off or level control as well?
Point me at the MIDI implementation chart perhaps?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 23, 2012,
I have the 18 and absolutely love the tones it produces. So, I'm understandably excited about the devilry they've invoked for the 36.

Here's what the official website page says:
Independent gain and master knobs and a switchable FX Loop are standard appointments on modern triplechannel amps. But that’s not nearly enough for a real TubeMeister. So Mr. Hughes and Mr. Kettner built in a MIDI system to access the channels, FX loop and onboard reverb. It can even select the power stages of the integrated power soak (36, 18, and 5 watts, 1 watt and Speaker Off)!

This revolutionary MIDI power soak can do some wild voicing tricks. For instance, you can tap its full dynamic range by running the Clean channel at 36 watts and switch over to the Crunch channel in 5-watt mode with the Master knob wide open to get good and grungy with some grinding rhythm. Or you could run the Lead channel at 18 watts for some high-gain riffage and switch over in a flash to the full 36 watts for a screaming solo.

A touch of a button is all it takes to conjure up to 128 such combinations. Imagine what this can do for your stage performance. And the 1-watt option brings the sound of the big stage into your own four walls, sans tonal compromises. Now you can keep that Master knob dimed even at home.

The built-in RED BOX feeds preamp and true power amp tone straight to a stage or studio mixing console. It authentically emulates the sound of a 4 x 12" cab and delivers a balanced line signal to the Speaker Out for use in rehearsal rooms, on stage, and even to pipe

that sweet tube-driven sound straight into the PA. In combination with the power soak’s silent recording option (Speaker Off), the RED BOX lets you lay down professional-quality tracks any time day or night. You can even feed the signal to in-ear monitors on stage without having to fuss with a cab or mic.

But that’s still not all; there’s also the wonderful TSC (Tube Safety Control). It is an automated system that constantly monitors and readjusts the bias to ensure power tubes operate reliably and deliver to-die-for tone, always. With the TSC, swapping tubes couldn’t be any easier. And that makes the TubeMeister 36, already one of the world’s most versatile tube amps, also one of the most dependable
The 18 doesn't have MIDI but I've used the Red Box with success.
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
OK, so just switching it would seem. Seriously though, get into MIDI. Once you get used to it you'll never look back. Add something really cool to the loop like a Quadraverb or a G Major and learn how to control it properly via MIDI. Being able to switch patches that switch the amp and the effects at the same time is awesome.
My amp doesn't have MIDI but one of the rack units can switch the amp. So if you have two MIDI units, one out front and one in the loop your options are limitless. Programmable boosts and master volumes at your toes.
You may think it's more than you need but get into it and you'll be hooked. Fantastic for gigging because everything is perfect always. You know what songs are in your set list. You just set it all up for each song. 128 programs so lets' say 3 patches per song (and you'd never do that for all songs and quite a few patches will be common) and that's 42 songs.
Get into it man, when you add in being able to use continuous controller via an expression pedal the world's your oyster.
You have a MIDI amp, don't waste it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Damn you and your "pusher" ways! (Now I'm genuinely interested in MIDI.)

My Nova System (the G System's little brother) is a MIDI device. But the only thing I thought of using it for was to switch to different patches because the jack where my G-Switch would normally go is being used by an expression pedal.

So what you're saying is I could set it all up so when I switch to a particular "song" on my Nova, it would switch itself as well as the amp (to whatever wattage & channel I want)? That sounds almost nutty -- no more tap dancing?

That last video makes more sense now...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
That's exactly what I'm saying. Add other MIDI effects and they will change at the same time too. MIDI rocks, man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hmmmm, this sounds pretty cool. I think my "fear" is that it'll get too difficult to set up. Heck, my Nova System is pretty involved just like it is...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
You only have to set it up once then it's just a matter of plugging in cables. Once you know what you are doing it's all pretty easy. Like anything worthwhile, it takes time and effort. But seriously it isn't that hard once you "get it."
You can save everything to your pc anyway so you can have multiple configurations for different situations. Screw up? Just load in the backup copy that you know is right.
Keyboards players have been doing this shit for 30 years - you want a bloody keyboards player to outdo you? You aren't as smart as a keyboards player?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 23, 2012,
it sounds like quite the amp.

i'm a fan of H&K right here.

miss my old edition tube.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Cathbard
You only have to set it up once then it's just a matter of plugging in cables. Once you know what you are doing it's all pretty easy. Like anything worthwhile, it takes time and effort. But seriously it isn't that hard once you "get it."
You can save everything to your pc anyway so you can have multiple configurations for different situations. Screw up? Just load in the backup copy that you know is right.
Keyboards players have been doing this shit for 30 years - you want a bloody keyboards player to outdo you? You aren't as smart as a keyboards player?

The guantlet has been thrown down!

[Shaking fist at the sky] Damn keyboard players!
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Some more videos are now appearing on YouTube. Here's one with some good descriptions of the switching options (and decent sound).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Zy1V5LS0o

Sounds like they won't be available until the end of Summer or shortly thereafter -- similar to the TM18 last year...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Quote by Ippon
Bright lights and shiny stuff has always been the cause of my GAS.

Haha!
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native