Hey there,

When I play clean, I like to use some chorus, but when I play distortion I don't want it.

I use a chorus pedal for the chorus, but the clean and distortion are the channels on my amp which i can switch using a pedal that came with my amp. So I need to tap my foot on both pedals to get the result I want. Is there a way that I can turn the chorus on/off when switching channels, so with just tapping my foot once.

thank you
i don't think there is, at least not by just having the pedal straight into the amp. if the amp footswitch is easy enough you could put them next to each other and step on it sideways to hit both.

either that or put in for some tap dance lessons
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
There are complex ways to do it involving midi controllers, true bypass loops, and relay switches(assuming your amp supports external switching, or you can make a custom switch).

But honestly, for one pedal... Not worth it.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Put them close enough together so you can hit both at the same time. If you were capable you could do some modding so you can switch the chorus with the footswitch. That would require a DPDT channel footswitch and some wiring between that and the chorus. Easier just to stick them close enough so you can hit both at the same time.
Myself, I do it with a rack and MIDI and stuff but for one pedal? That would be serious overkill.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Joowst
Hey there,

When I play clean, I like to use some chorus, but when I play distortion I don't want it.

I use a chorus pedal for the chorus, but the clean and distortion are the channels on my amp which i can switch using a pedal that came with my amp. So I need to tap my foot on both pedals to get the result I want. Is there a way that I can turn the chorus on/off when switching channels, so with just tapping my foot once.

thank you

Arrange the pedals so your foot clicks both at the same time (one button switch under your toe, and the other under midsole or heel - and practice switching.

One of my amps (Egnater Armageddon) has a feature where you can assign the effects loop individually to each channel. With this feature you can leave the pedal on all the time, and when you switch to that channel where the effects loop is on, you only need one click
Last edited by 667 at Mar 23, 2012,
some amps have two loops for the different channels, but if you don't, as cath says the simplest solution is probably to put them close together or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could build this:

That's just a 3PDT footswitch and four phono sockets. You'd leave the chorus on and when you hit the footswitch it would bypass it and change the amp channel. You may have to move the amp channel control lines to the bottom two instead of the top two depending on which state it has to be in for the channel you want.

You could make the channel control lines just a cable coming directly out of the box with a phono plug on the end or add a phono socket to the box for that too - your choice.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification