Very emotive, it's got a kind of lonely feel to it. It feels a little empty though, maybe you could build it up and add more instruments etc? It'd sound great with some percussion and pads. Melodically though, it's great, and I can really imagine this becoming something special with a bit of work.
I you could check out any of my compositions on my Youtube page (link in sig) that would be sweet
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I like it, would've preferred a larger ensemble playing it. I like the progression, I feel like it could definitely be expanded to cover more ground than 1 minute.. I don't usually like commenting on things still in MIDI, especially when its just one instrument, because there aren't very many playing issues or recording issues to address, and I hate leaving tiny comments for good work.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527709
You should never name your songs after another popular song.

I get it was most likely inspired by the pic in the video but still.

Anyway,the song was cool but there were some small bits that I thought you used too many notes.The best parts were the sparse sections.It drives home the emptiness of space idea.

I have this Keyboard thing I would like you to check out.Seems up your ally so I would like you to give me your thoughts on it.

Keyboard intro
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by Paddy McK
Very emotive, it's got a kind of lonely feel to it. It feels a little empty though, maybe you could build it up and add more instruments etc? It'd sound great with some percussion and pads. Melodically though, it's great, and I can really imagine this becoming something special with a bit of work.
I you could check out any of my compositions on my Youtube page (link in sig) that would be sweet

Thanks for the crit.
I agree that it needs more instruments and this is just a basic version, i was just curious what others would say this far.
I'll check out one of yours
Quote by kornflipsk8er
You should never name your songs after another popular song.

I get it was most likely inspired by the pic in the video but still.

Anyway,the song was cool but there were some small bits that I thought you used too many notes.The best parts were the sparse sections.It drives home the emptiness of space idea.

I have this Keyboard thing I would like you to check out.Seems up your ally so I would like you to give me your thoughts on it.

Keyboard intro

I forgot that Metallica also had a song called Orion.
And yes, it has to do with the constellation.
I guess i could change it, it's not really complete anyway.
Too many notes? What is Sparse?

I'll check out yours, thanks for your honest crit
Spares meaning lots of space between something.In this case notes.It's hard for me to really detail what I mean.I had an idea of it sounding like the notes are bouncing around space looking for others to create the song.Kind of an out there thought but it's what I envision.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I like this. Could hear this being played during the cut-scenes in Paper Mario where is shows space and show all this lonely atmospheric shots. (First thing I thought of.) Could make a sweet orchestral intro with a lot more work done to it. Real cool idea. I would add some minor string-work and build up on that near the end, but I can also see this being longer than about a minute. Sweet work and i'd like to hear this when you have another version finished.

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1523148
-I like the picture : )
-The song is really nice and relaxing, with a feeling of solitude.
-I think you should add more depth to the instrument, by adding a bit of reverb (the more the better imo).
-It would have been nice to have another instrument to support the main one, to add even more depth.
-Maybe even add some ambient sounds. I can hear children playing in the background. These are just suggestions though.

Pretty good composition, I like it.

Just click on the link in my sig and watch any vid you like.
I would add strings to make it more emotional. The instrument you chose for me does not suit the composition. But I liked the composition. You should build on it cause it seems a little short. Do you happen to have the gp? If you want I can add strings so you can hear how it would sound. But yeah man I'd work on it and make it longer.

Crit 4 Crit!

Please check out my thread and gimme some feed back.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1528750

Thnx!
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library