Page 1 of 2
I sold my old Boss GX700 a couple of years ago and there's tones I used to get out of that I've never been able to recreate.

What stuff have others sold and regretted over the years
Epiphone Les Paul ultra. SOLID guitar. Sold it to buy a Gibson LP studio, and have been disappointed with it ever since. The Epi sounded and played better right out of the box, at half the price. That's my only piece of gear that I have seller's remorse over.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I regret selling my Boss ME-50.

Wait, no I don't.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
My Steinberger. One of the old ones with the carbon fibre/graphite necks and maple body. Absolutely awesome gigging guitar. But I didn't part with that on purpose, some ****er stole it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
My Steinberger. One of the old ones with the carbon fibre/graphite necks and maple body. Absolutely awesome gigging guitar. But I didn't part with that on purpose, some ****er stole it.

Damn, that sucks man. If my Carvin ever got stolen I think I'd spend the next 5 years saving my money, then hire seal team 6 to track the f*cker down.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
My Takamine EG523SC Acoustic. Such a lovely guitar. And it was signed by Tommy Emmanuel. Apart from that, I don't miss anything else. I've always sold gear to fund an upgrade and the gear I have now is absolutely perfect for what I play so I'm happy.
I often regret selling the gear I had really early on... I know I would have sold it to upgrade but I always kinda wished I kept a few bits and pieces from way back when.
Every now and then someone will dust off an old squire or something from the back of a closet and say, with pride, 'this was my first guitar'...
Im getting too sentimental.
Last edited by zero at Mar 23, 2012,
Ibanez Voyager
Carvin DC 127
Fender modded Blues Jr.
Peavey Deuce
Fender Lead One
Douglas Hawker
Washburn N-4
Cheap Yamaha RGX(one of my favorite guitars ever)
Squier Deluxe Hot Rails
Cort Explorer
Last edited by VoodooMang at Mar 23, 2012,
Gibson SG faded
Boss DD-7

I mean, with the money i got from selling these I was able to get stuff I needed more, so I don't necessarily regret it, but I've found myself wishing I had them lately.
My bugera, actually. I had that thing sounding so sweet by the time I got rid of it, but it was a necessary progression. That amp had swag, cheaply built or not.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Line 6 Spider... HAHAHA JK. My first acoustic guitar. Piece of shit First Act. Still though. First guitar man. Glad I sold that spider though...
I also gave a bust up old BC Rich Bich to a guitar charity - I kinda regret it but hopefully someone somewhere got some enjoyment out of it.

My first ever instrument was an old semi-acoustic bass that I bought for £40 and sold years later for the same amount - I should have kept that just for sentimental reasons

What I'd do to have this thing back in my possession.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
I had an ESP LTD H-302 that I sold a couple years ago because I needed the cash. At the time it was one of my cheapest guitars. But I haven't had a guitar since that played as nicely. Proof that the price tag doesn't always dictate the quality...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I took apart my first squier and its a pile of parts now, that i really dont feel like putting together. Kinda wish I wouldve kept it together.
My Hiwatt DR-103 100-watt amplifier head. It went to a good home, but it is sorely missed.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
My first real guitar- a mim fender strat
stopped playing for a cpl years and when I was like 15 i sold it for 100$ to get me and my friends drunk smh
I still want that ****ing guitar lol...ten years later

and my first, first guitar an ibanez gio is just lost somehow? lol I don't know what the hell happened to it.
Last edited by treysonpwaters at Mar 23, 2012,
My old tele.

It was made of walnut with a maple top. Didn't sound anything like a tele,, but i still miss it sometimes
My Ibanez Ghostrider with P90s
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

The Bogner Uberschall that I sold when I lost my job 3 yrs ago
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
In 1980, I had a Music Man tube amp that was 800 bucks, cant remember the model.

and an Aria Pro Les Paul type guitar.

I left my home in Michigan, to go to Devry (Ohio Tech then), and when returning home, my guitar and amp were gone. My mom got remarried, and the word is they had a big garage sale, and it might have got sold there...

Some stuff went into storage, so they still might turn up some day??

My mom now is old, has alzheimer's, and cant remember a thing about my missing gear.

Wish I had it back.
Here's one. I don't know what happened to it tbh. It could have been stolen, lost, given away, swapped for certain substances, I just can't remember. What it was was a crappy Gorilla practice amp. 8" speaker I think. If I had it today I could build a Champ or AC4 or something into it. Wouldn't that be hilarious? Turn on the cheap crappy practice amp and churn out some sweet tones.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 57Goldtop
I had an ESP LTD H-302 that I sold a couple years ago because I needed the cash. At the time it was one of my cheapest guitars. But I haven't had a guitar since that played as nicely. Proof that the price tag doesn't always dictate the quality...

Those old H's are just awesome. My H-301 kicks the shit out of my MH-400 in every way. I'm never gonna get rid of it (while my MH is on Craigs List as we speak )

Anyway... I don't think I really miss anything I've sold. Sometimes I miss my ValveKing, but I'm not sure why.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by rokket2005
My old tele.

It was made of walnut with a maple top. Didn't sound anything like a tele,, but i still miss it sometimes

Duuuuuuuude, that is a beautiful tele... I want so many guitars
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
That is a nice looking Tele. Who made it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
My Micro Pog. Because I ended up bying a new one, again. Now I'm thinking of selling it... again.
every now and then i wish i didn't ditch my fender blues reissue just because it was my only 1x12 and once you start having to lug around 2x12s the joke is on you. also i kinda wish i didn't get rid of my ds-1 pedal, it was never my favorite but i've been wanting to mod my own pedal and that would have been a nice guinea pig considering i really didn't care for it anyways.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
My Marshall G80RCD Combo amp. Even though it was solid state, I loved it and it was a helluva lot better than the MGDFX series that came out later.
Quote by Cathbard
That is a nice looking Tele. Who made it?

It was a parts guitar. When I bought it I was told it was warmoth,, but it wasnt. I never did find out.
My Engl SE and Savage 120 amps... Which is why I bought replacements.

If you get something that works for you... Keep it.
Lots of stuff but I'm done with all regret except for a recent one. This past winter I sold my original E-H Big Muff Pi Ram's Head pedal for $600. I was attracted to the $ and wanted to sell it while it still working perfectly. Knew I would miss it so immediately bought a clone - a used BYOC Large Beaver built by a pro for $90. The Beaver doesn’t quite nail the tone of my old friend but is more versatile.
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Gah! Too many memories. First guitar I ever learned on was a homemade acoustic that a mate's grandfather made for him and he lent to me, so obviously that went back to him, no great loss. My first guitar that I actually owned was a shitty electric that got passed from kid to kid in our school. I moved it on to a friend of my younger brother's and don't miss it at all.

But then we're onto the good stuff. I miss my Marlin Loner - a great "second guitar" that really helped me to exploit my developing metal skills (not a style I play anymore). I miss my 2x12 Carlsbro Scorpion amplifier (purchased from a girl at school) - they're quite well sought-after now.

Kinda wish I still had my candy pink BC Rich Bich - a decent stage guitar.

Happy with the kit I've got now though - the SG through lil Junior just sounds so sweet...
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Peavey Transtube 112efx, this thing was cool sounding.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
My one piece of gear that I've gotten rid of that really kills me is my G&L ASAT.

I got rid of it because it produced a sound that I thought wasn't "me," in retrospect, those hot, jangly and silky pickups were absolutely perfect for my sound. I just didn't realize it, at the time. I actually pawned it for about $200, which is heartbreaking.
That thing was absolutely the most perfect guitar I've ever owned.... now, I'm sad.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
[quote="rokket2005

i dont like teles but holy **** i want that one
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Page 1 of 2