Alright, finally got around to posting this although its not really a NGD anymore since its been about 2 weeks since i got it.

I stumbled upon this by accident and i simply had to buy it because the price was so low compared to a new one, but boy was it a good decision!

Its a used 2011 US Parker Maxxfly with a Floyd Rose Special, 2 Duncans (Jazz/JB) with Coil Split a maple neck with ebony fretboard and 22 stainless steel frets. Its one of Parkers "Radial Neck Joint" series so no carbon super body for me. None the less the thing plays and feels very very good. I own a Ibanez S5470 Prestige and i will draw direct comparison towards that one since they seem to have rather similar features.

The neck on the Parker feels very smooth and if i had to describe its smoothness id say its somewhere between a Charvel and an Ibanez Prestige Super Wizard HP. Not quiet the crazy smoothness of the Ibanez but not as rough as the Charvel. Because of the radial neck joint the back of the neck remains "curved" into the body which gives it a great feel on the higher up frets but does indeed feel a bit weird at first (imo). The guitar itself is very… very lightweight (alder body) and its much lighter than the Ibanez (mahogany body). Coil Split works as expected, but i wasn't prepared for it to be so close to my Fender 62" Strat but i can assure you it sounds fantastic.

Soundwise i can't complain the JB is doing what he's doing best and compared my Charvel which also has a JB in the bridge id have to say that the Parker sounds a bit brighter and tighter. This is by no means better its just different, for some stuff i prefer the Charvel and for other things the Parker.

Now with all things used there were some complications, 2 of the locking screws at the nut were totally stripped and basically useless. i was not able to tighten the screws at all which is why you'll see some weird screws in the photo. I dont have any other replacement screws but I'm planing on upgrading the whole Floyd to a Official Floyd Rose with a different trem block. I know the Special is supposed to be the same albeit some different metal is used for certain parts, but in my case its definitely not as secure as the Official Floyd Rose on my Charvel.

All in all i am very happy and every time i pick it up it just feels "fantastic", this guitar feels like playing something… i can't explain it go out and buy one!

ps: excuse my hipster photos, i just bought an app with filters and you guys have to deal with my "creative" filter-button-pressing for now.

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Fender 62 Am. Vint. Strat
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
Last edited by pxoint at Mar 23, 2012,

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
Great score- HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sweet stuff, man. 'Grats on owning that, and also - 'GRATS ON HAVING AN SV5470! I've got the Sv5470F, which is exactly the same, expect it's got a maple top instead of the Ash top. Fantastic guitar, the very definition of 'slick'.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I am so incredibly jealous. I've loved every Parker Fly I've ever touched. Congrats!

EDIT: Radial Neck Joint, eh? So it's a DF422FR?
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by JustRooster
I am so incredibly jealous. I've loved every Parker Fly I've ever touched. Congrats!

EDIT: Radial Neck Joint, eh? So it's a DF422FR?

actually its a DF622FR they are all the same as far as i know and the first number refers to the finish.

the 422 is natural satin i think~ 622s are with a glossy something (mines called: galaxy gray) it has some sparkle in there and the 722s are with a sunburst.

you can see some examples here: http://www.parkerguitars.com/MaxxFly-Radial-Neck-Joint-Models/

althought the 622FR and 522FR are no longer produced i think

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
gorgeous!!! ive never seen that ibby finish and thats pretty hot too! i had a parker nitefly for a few months but i had to sell it for rent money . i am definitely buying another one someday!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Parkers are truly fine instruments. HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Dude that's f'kn awesome on both counts!! o_O
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
HNGD ! Parkers are good, both in quality and aesthetically, but I am not a fan of the headstock , to be honest
Finally an awesome looking Parker! HNGD!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.