I am after a cedar top guitar but unsure of which or where to look as i mainly play electric. Anyone any ideas I was looking at crafter lite but unsure of how good these are? Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers
Hello, all
I just purchased a Washburn wd760sw from zz sounds (GAS attack) for a very good price.
This is my first Washburn but I thought I'd take a flyer because of the guitars specs (all solid woods, cedar top ovangal back and sides. I got it today and first impression is that this is a vefry good sounding guitar.
It is louder than my two pride and joys, Taylor DN3 and Alvarez md60. I'm not saying I'd trade either of those for this one, but I'm glad I got it.
I know it is an import, but it seems a fairly quality build. It was well set up out of the box.
Has anyone had any experience with these?
It was tagged that it shipped with D'Addario strings. I wish they would have stated which kind and what string width/tension. I am assuming they are lights, but the guitar booms like they have mediums on it.
you don't mention budget or size, so not sure if it'll hit the spot for you, but i recommend the seagull original s6 or the s6 slim, which are the same guitar but the original has a wider neck that i love. this particular s6 (not referring to other of seagull's s6 models) has great tone, partly due to the solid cedar top. i liked everything about mine but the headstock - an exceptional sounding guitar that's well made.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by Bigdogjer

I know it is an import, but it seems a fairly quality build. It was well set up out of the box.
In reality, the Koreans, Chinese, and Indonesians can build pretty damned good guitars. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Koreans are the most competent. Rule 2 is, if something seems like it's well made, it usually is.
Quote by Bigdogjer
Has anyone had any experience with these?
It was tagged that it shipped with D'Addario strings. I wish they would have stated which kind and what string width/tension. I am assuming they are lights, but the guitar booms like they have mediums on it.
Ibanez ships with D'Addario EXP-16s (lights), and that's becoming more or less the standard. I'm finding it hard to imagine they didn't provide the set number, but I could be wrong.

A solid cedar top on a dreadnaught body, sounds like the very definition of boom. But, as with most things musical, I could be wrong about that as well.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 23, 2012,