Page 1 of 2
You know, after the economy recovers, which could still be ten years.

Am I insane?

By the way, are there any Spanish people from Spain in the pit?

What if....what if Spaniards don't play guitar?? :O
Ever heard of classic spanish guitar?

Yeah...

Move to Catalonia. Avoid Madrid. it's a hell hole.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Live in a caravan in Benidorm
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
You are insane. I lived in Spain as an "outsider" for 6 years. I don't recommend it if you intend to make a living there.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I've always wanted to live in Spain.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I thought Spain was poor compared the the rest of West Europe

It is. Extremely poor. Spain, portugal, Italy Greece and most of the post-soviet part are dragging us down.
YES!!!!!! ive been here for 7-8 yrs and....dont like it very much
I'm 14, so most of my time us spent in school.....FYI, learn real Spanish if ur coming over, Totally worth it. I see way too many people come for a few years and leave still not being able to order a big Mac. And yes...Madrid sucks...especially in winter and summer. And they dooooo play guitar....there's actually a metal festival (Independence) which takes place every year in Madrid (of all places) if u need any more info just PM me....just a little excited to know another guitarist is coming to Spain!
And spain Is the "door" to all drug, human slavery, and prostitution business into Europe...so yeah
Quote by entity0009
You are insane. I lived in Spain as an "outsider" for 6 years. I don't recommend it if you intend to make a living there.

Why not dude?

Quote by guitarhead911
And spain Is the "door" to all drug, human slavery, and prostitution business into Europe...so yeah

Sounds like my kind of party!

WOOOOOOO!
Quote by guitarhead911
YES!!!!!! ive been here for 7-8 yrs and....dont like it very much
I'm 14, so most of my time us spent in school.....FYI, learn real Spanish if ur coming over, Totally worth it. I see way too many people come for a few years and leave still not being able to order a big Mac. And yes...Madrid sucks...especially in winter and summer. And they dooooo play guitar....there's actually a metal festival (Independence) which takes place every year in Madrid (of all places) if u need any more info just PM me....just a little excited to know another guitarist is coming to Spain!

Un big mac. Am I doing it right?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Un big mac. Am I doing it right?

Menu Grande o Mediano? Y para beber? Haha
Quote by guitarhead911
Menu Grande o Mediano? Y para beber? Haha

grande por favor y un grande cola.

jajajajajajajajajajajajajaj
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
grande por favor y un grande cola.

jajajajajajajajajajajajajaj

Uma cerveza, por favor jajjaja

only words you need to know
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

that is so true jajajajajajajajaj
Scots and Spain don't mix. You'll burn, and it's quite possible that you'll even melt.
I knew a spanish girl who moved to the UK ten years ago. She tried to move back home and literally couldnt find a job even in a bar for 2 years.

Work your ass off in the UK and go on lots of nice Spanish holidays. Make spanish friends and get cheap accommodation.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
that is so true jajajajajajajajaj

jajajaja
Quote by whoomit
Scots and Spain don't mix. You'll burn, and it's quite possible that you'll even melt.

Spoiler: I'm not Scottish

Quote by Kensai

That and "Yo no supe que ella solo tenia 12 anos de edad".

That n should have a ~ on it...
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by VillainousLatin
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Philip_pepper
That and "Yo no supe que ella solo tenia 12 anos de edad".

That n should have a ~ on it...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by VillainousLatin
ಠ_ಠ[/SIZ]

Portuguese
Just go.

More you think about it the more you'll find some stupid excuses not to go and then regret it.
Blue Jays, Seahawks, Raptors, Habs, Peterborough United FC, Gold Coast Suns.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Spoiler: I'm not Scottish

I always thought you were. Well there go my dreams
Quote by Kensai
ಠ_ಠ

Portuguese

Hey babe, don't look at me like that. I think I read somewhere that the age of consent in Spain is 13. This true?

Quote by whoomit
I always thought you were. Well there go my dreams

It's cool sugar pie. For you I can be Scottish any time you want. Just pass me a kilt.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It is. Extremely poor. Spain, portugal, Italy Greece and most of the post-soviet part are dragging us down.

Just shows what happens when a bunch of countries try to share the same currency.
Quote by WaterGod
Just shows what happens when a bunch of countries try to share the same currency.

Sweden does not have the euro. Which I'm rather content with. I mean, doing something with Greece in the same team. olololol
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Sweden does not have the euro. Which I'm rather content with. I mean, doing something with Greece in the same team. olololol

Quote by guitarhead911
Hahahaha Laugh of da week Thanks guys.....?

what?
Quote by Kensai
Portuguese

Aprende a falar ambas, português ftw!

EDIT: Ambas lol, typo.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Check out http://www.ndoherty.com/.

He decided to move to Spain to learn Spanish. He has ha few blog-posts about living in Spain. Send him a message, he probably has a lot of great advice for you.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Why not dude?

Spain suffered an incredible hit from the recession, so there's a ridiculous amount of unemployment. The older generation is mistrustful of foreigners and even younger generations will prioritise spaniards over foreigners when considering applications for jobs etc. If you move there don't expect to be employed any time soon. Renting of buying property in Spain when you're a foreigner is also a huge risk, people will jump at the chance to sign a contract with someone who can't understand 50% of what's being said on the paper. People will play you for an idiot, try to rip you off at every turn if you try to buy a property, claim stupid surcharges or nonexistent taxes if you are renting.

I say all of this from experience. Spain is nice and most people there are lovely, but those who aren't, ruin everything. It's a holiday destination, and best left at that.
🙈 🙉 🙊
i live in tenerife spain at the moment. it's alright, we sure do know how to party though. check out our carnaval and botellones, especially carnaval. definition of debauchery XD

sadly the culture here has forgotten about guitar greats like Paco de Lucia. people here in general have awful taste in music. but hey, when th economy gets better and your looking for a bit of sun an excess, this is a good option.
Last edited by claptoncocaine at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by entity0009
Spain suffered an incredible hit from the recession, so there's a ridiculous amount of unemployment. The older generation is mistrustful of foreigners and even younger generations will prioritise spaniards over foreigners when considering applications for jobs etc. If you move there don't expect to be employed any time soon. Renting of buying property in Spain when you're a foreigner is also a huge risk, people will jump at the chance to sign a contract with someone who can't understand 50% of what's being said on the paper. People will play you for an idiot, try to rip you off at every turn if you try to buy a property, claim stupid surcharges or nonexistent taxes if you are renting.

I say all of this from experience. Spain is nice and most people there are lovely, but those who aren't, ruin everything. It's a holiday destination, and best left at that.

Well, as far as getting gipped I know all about that. I was born in Portugal and they do the same to foreigners there. Hopefully by then I will have mastered the language well enough not to get screwed over.

I now the unemployment situation is abysmal, but I'm not planning on moving there for a few more years. I still think it'll be bad then, but hopefully not as bad.

As far getting a job goes, yeah, I agree. It won't be easy, so I'll go one step at a time, I won't burn my bridges.

What brought you to Spain? Are you back in London now?
Quote by Philip_pepper
It's cool sugar pie. For you I can be Scottish any time you want. Just pass me a kilt.

I think it's something to do with the Biffy avatar. Probably your location too
Quote by Philip_pepper
Well, as far as getting gipped I know all about that. I was born in Portugal and they do the same to foreigners there. Hopefully by then I will have mastered the language well enough not to get screwed over.

I now the unemployment situation is abysmal, but I'm not planning on moving there for a few more years. I still think it'll be bad then, but hopefully not as bad.

As far getting a job goes, yeah, I agree. It won't be easy, so I'll go one step at a time, I won't burn my bridges.

What brought you to Spain? Are you back in London now?

Well, if you go ahead with it I wish you the best of luck

I moved to Spain when I was still living with family. Bit of a long story really, but to cut it short, my mum was naive and idealistic and thought a change of horizons would benefit the family. It didn't. I'm at Uni now, so not London, but Gloucestershire. I should change my location >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Page 1 of 2