My son just got an epiphone dot and i want to get him a nice strap. hes into blues, any ideas on where to get something, not just a run of the mill.

thanks.
Google?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
na nothing local here
for me, i thought just maybe there was a New Egg of guitar accessories out there that i didnt know about.
For just some new-egg type websites, check out musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater.com.

I'm partial to sweetwater, but MF has the better selection.

If there's a product you're not sure about, post back here and ask.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by FatalGear41
Levy Leathers makes some fine leather guitar straps. They're not cheap, but they're first-rate.

http://www.levysleathers.com/browse;cat,868;Straps

As does Franklin leathers:

http://www.franklinstrap.com/

And you could always have a good leathersmith make you a custom strap.

Never seen the Franklins before...Nice!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 24, 2012,
Couch Straps !!

All environmentally friendly, vegan, recycled materials, blah blah blah. They do special runs when they get unique materials. They even make wallets and stuff too
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
I'd let him choose one for himself.
When my mum or my mates brought me straps they always get some design I don;t like, it's the thought that coun'ts but I dindt exactly want a Beatles logo strap when I'm primarily into playing metal, and that "oriental" design strap with the tacky japanese text on it was,, tacky...

No matter what strap you get make sure it's secured to the guitar with some kind of locking system, there's no point of getting a nice strap if your guitar is going to end up falling to the floor, I've had experience of my guitar strap failing during rehearsal's, and imagine if it failed during a live performance.
I know the majority of blues player's won't be headbanging, violenting throwing their guitars around and jumping up and down and around on stage as much as I would be in a metal or a hardcore band, but your blues cred would be shredded if your strap slipped during a song on stage.
METAL!
No it wouldn't...you'd just have a new reason to sing the blues!

FWIW, I own about 7 Levy's straps, and have found them to be comfortable, well made, and- with their broad selection- easy to match to the guitars I own.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 24, 2012,
Quote by TheDuckMajor
Also check out hippie straps. They're pretty epic
But they're super expensive.

Oh the irony. Damn hippies.
Get him a spiky one, he's gonna love that.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.