Hey guys!

Again here I come for help. A friend of mine saw a deal on a store that was selling this cort, the Cort X6, for 254€! He's just starting playing the guitar and will play mostly metal and some bluesy tones on it... Is that a good deal?
How good is the wood for metal? What pickups shall he invest on if the stocks don't do the job further in the future?
BTW: Amp is a Peavey Vypyr 30W
From what I saw based on reviews, this is an awsome guitar for starting.

Share your thought! Cheers!
Last edited by DarkRidder at Mar 23, 2012,
i have 2 x-6s,

i play them almost exclusively for metal. I did change out the bridge pickup in one of them.

I put the EVH Frankenstein pickup in it works wonders.
I'm a personal fan of Cort guitars so I'd definitely go for it, but the people who make it are practically slaves. You can google it, "Cort Gutairs Slaves"
Yes, I saw that and some video, I am like "I don't want to give the my money..." So I thought about some Schecter's on this price, the Omen 6 FR Extreme is 100€ more, but is a nice guitar, althought the neck is a bit wider. On ibanez I saw the RG3XFM or something like that and it seemed nice too... But is basswood god for metal and blues?
Quote by DarkRidder
Yes, I saw that and some video, I am like "I don't want to give the my money..." So I thought about some Schecter's on this price, the Omen 6 FR Extreme is 100€ more, but is a nice guitar, althought the neck is a bit wider. On ibanez I saw the RG3XFM or something like that and it seemed nice too... But is basswood god for metal and blues?

Click This. It's a website that shows you the basic tonal characteristics of common wood used in guitars. IMO pickups make a bigger difference. You could get a cheap guitar, and replace pickups and it would make a big difference depending on your amp. Which reminds me, what (if any) gear does he have? If he doesn't have any I'd recommend getting a good amp first, most beginners (like me) have made the mistake of getting a cheap starter amp, but an expensive guitar, when just starting out. I replaced that amp, so the balance of the universe is restored
The Cort slavery shouldn't stop you from purchasing Cort guitars, but try to keep your purchase to 1 guitar because if they keep making money, the slaves will have to keep working. Despite what I just said, I am guilty of owning Cort guitars because I like the quality of their guitars, even if it's a "Made in Korea" guitar.
Hmm, he was thinking in a 15W Peavey Vypyr to play at home... What do you think on this? He was willing to give 500€for the combo