I'm really interested in RUSH. I have been playing a lot more of the keyboard-era songs. I love playing the parts but need the bass end. We all know Geddy uses a Moog Taurus (or at least DID as far as I know.) I can't afford to lose $1000 from Guitar Center or $500 from eBay. Is there a cheaper type of pedal that accomplishes the same thing for a better price, say $250-300? Post a good link too. Thanks.
Quote by mcraddict81592
Since when do we do deep and meaningful? You can't just switch between random quirky fun and deep and heartfelt shit, we aren't the Breakfast Club, man.

Quote by CL/\SH
Although, my approval doesn't mean shit

RUSH IS VARIETY!
A quick Google revealed the Roland PK5. This seems like quite a complex thing, so I wouldn't be surprised at the cost.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Roland PK-5 is the way to go if you can handle the price. I remember the original Moog Taurus pedal bass synthesizer and it was one finicky bastard! Moog released an anniversary version of the original Taurus, but it was a bit pricey and was available only in limited numbers. They have long since been snapped up. The PK-5 has a number of useable effects built in, and when you combine it with a proper synth, the sky is the limit.

Trying to do a bass pedal synth on the cheap is pretty much a non-starter. Any decent synth is going to run you at least US$500.00, and there just isn't much call for the pedals. The Roland has full MIDI capability, so if you get a synth module, you can trigger all of the voices with it. I am almost certain that Geddy Lee uses one since he retired his Taurus pedals over a decade ago. There is a shot in the opening montage of the Rush R30 DVD that shows him playing it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley